Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 9 years ago

Trying to find an old Scifi Book & Movie?

The movie revolves around a rapidly aging baby and a scientist attempting to slow / stop the aging down in time. The mother was taking an experimental drug before dying without knowing she was pregnant. The baby survives but ages prematurely, I've looked everywhere but can't find the title, it was originally aired on Scifi Channel several years ago but doesn't appear to be in the list of movies they have available.

The book I am looking for I read years ago but can't remember the title. Its about a bug race who only sees in black and white until they mature when they see color. It starts with the bug races protagonist up to an encounter where theres an attack, then encounters humanity, escapes his world, humans set up an experiment to see if their children could coexist with the bugs. Then moves onto an alliance against a third hostile race. I've been searching for both of these's titles for years now with no luck. Hopefully someone out there knows.

Favorite Answer

Dunno about the first.

The book might be by Alan Dean Foster. (It might by "For Crystal Tears" or a similar title)

Also not sure about the movie but I did find this link that discusses all comics, anime, and other literature dedicated to bug species-specifically bug wars and such. Hope this helps.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BugWar