The best examples of a boxer who learned from losses and came back stronger...?

Fighters who lost once or a couple of times and improved very much to never lose again...

Wladimir Klitschko...

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Matt
    Lv 6
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sir, there are many examples such as..

Wladimir Klitschko from his losses against Corrie Sanders and Lamon Brewster. He has now continued to dominate the heavyweight division and beaten the likes of Samuel Peter, Chris Byrd, Calvin Brock, Ray Austin, Lamon Brewster, Tony Thompson, Hasim Rahman, Eddie Chambers, David Haye, among many others. He is now the #1 Heavyweight today.

Manny Pacquiao has learned from his first loss to Erik Morales, and is now the best pound for pound fighter today. He has beaten the likes of Erik Morales, Marco Antonio Barrera, Jorge Solis, Juan Manuel Marquez, David Diaz, Oscar De La Hoya, Ricky Hatton, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Antonio Margarito, and Shane Mosley. A great fighter.

Amir Khan has improved with Freddie Roach in his corner, since his knockout loss to Breidis Prescott, and has beaten the likes of Kotelnik, Malignaggi, Barrera, Maidana, and Judah. He is now the #1 Jr. Welterweight.

So many more examples of fighters improving since their first losses.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

I'm gonna say Amir Khan. I know he's still fighting and still young but he's made a tremendous improvement since being knocked out in two by Prescott, and has gone on a run of 8 straight wins since then so he gets my vote.

Besides you already said Klitschko and someone else Manny...

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Carlos Monzon

B-hop

JM Marquez

Hector Lizaragua

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

i would say nigel benn before his defeat to micheal watson he was one dimensioned with little defence then after his lose to chris eubanks he learnt to pace himself and went on to be a much better fighter. also a young azuhma nelson lost to salvador sanchez before beating wifredo gomez for the title and becoming a modern great .and vitali klitschko was a better fighter after his lose to lennox lewis he knew he belonged at that level and grew in confidence and has gone on to be a great champion .marvin hagler lost points decisions to bogaloo watts and willie monroe ,after these defeat he decided to not let his fights go the distance so there could be no chance of a points lose so the more aggressive hagler was born ...............

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Well the one loss of Maidana over Ortiz is a good one..Look where that fool is now. Way to go Ortiz.

• 9 years ago

What about a young Manny Pacquiao...........................................

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.