Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicMusicRock and Pop · 8 years ago

Classic Music or Modern Music? 10 points?

I d say classics:) My Generation has the worst music ever the whole autotuning and crappy lyrics needs to stop! I heard a song on the radio today that was like "OH I LOVE YOU LIKE A LOVE SONG BABY!' wtf! thats the most uncreative thing ive a ever heard. and the voice was also heavily autotuned.( Go figure) ( and im sorry to those who are offeneded if you like the song i just mentioned listen to what you want) I guess.

I listen to

The Beatles

The Doors

Janis Joplin

The Hollies

Creedence Clearwater Revival

Jefferson Airplane

George Harrison

John Lennon

paul Mcartney

Led Zeppelin

Guns N roses

ACDC

The Rolling Stones

Blind Melon

Nirvana

Alice in chains

Mother Love Bone

Pearl Jam

SoundGarden

Gin Blossom

Live

Candlebox

etc...

yes their s still a few good artists like The Foo fighters:)

im 14 and not all music made in the past ten years is not bad. I do recall a few good albums:)

Best Answer

I like an equal amount of older and newer music. And I have to say, I think you have a very narrow-minded and distorted view of modern music. There are plenty of albums made in the last 10-15 years that hold up with the best of the bands you listed. But from your question I assume you're about 12 years old, so I'll go easy on you.

I grew up in the 70's and loved most of the 70's music... I can remember it like it was yesterday. In the early 80's everyone was looking for a new sound, and instead of rock, disco, contemporary, jazz, country, pop, etc... music went off into 100 different directions (few produced quality music). Most music became bland and boring. The pop scene and metal scene was huge, but music no longer featured great musical compositions such as "I am the walrus", "Piano man", "superstition", etc... that featured amazing song writers and musicians. Not to say that metal and pop didn't have great musicians but their notoriety was 10% of someone well known in the 60's, or 70's. Ask 20 people to name a well know musician and most likely 15 out or 20 will mention someone from the 70's such as Jimi Hendrix, Eddie Van Halen, Neil Peart, Elton John. The 80's to me was a 10 year period of mostly one hit wonder bands. If you had one song to listen to the rest of your life would you choose a song like "White Room", "Shooting Star" "Italian Restaurant", "Kashmir", or "867-5309", "Jessy's girl" "beat it", or "like a virgin". The 90's was great but by the late 90's music went right back to bland... there are still great songs and musicians out there but they're hidden behind the continuous beats and loop tracks (or sampling loops etc...) with a rap or vocals usually lacking melody, harmony, and creativity.... BTW although I grew up in the 70's I still listen to new music of all kinds... I just discovered a band called "rose hill drive" very creative.... they opened up for STP a few weeks ago. Been waiting for a big new sound to come along for 30 years now...30 years of hip-hop, boring rock, rap, and bubble gum music is getting old...

To me it really depends on the songs themselves. I grew up with my dad listening to 60's party rock stuff and all the oldies. I also partially grew up on a farm with my grandparents. I got a lot of country, and oldies there. When i got older i got into some more rock type stuff and started listening to lots of different things. I agree i cant stand these auto tune songs. I gotta say when it comes down to it, some old john coltrane and some louis armstrong is what hits the spot with me, but i do have those days when i listen to buddy holly and chubby checkers. It never hurts to throw in some Beethoven, or some chikofski...lol and then end the night with some System of a down.

• slaven

I am a traditional soul and R&B form of lady. I even have a love of rock hip hop hybrids like Linkin Park or choice hip hop with historic institution affects like The Cool Kids. I'm no longer quite into mainstream tune however I can get down with a few Kanye. I even have of affection of distinctive soul/jazz singers like Amy Winehouse and quirky singers like Lily Allen. N.E.R.D. and A Tribe Called Quest are amongst my favorites. I might say the excellent tune got here out within the 70's via ninety's.

Depends on what kind of modern. i listen to music from the 1930's to 2002(make that 2004)i still call 2001-2004 modern but from 2005 onwards nothing came out that was as good as before. do you agree? i'm 17 btw and dont like modern music

Modern

Wow you're sooo unique and so young yet you like classic rock. You are the only one and have the most original questions.

Source(s): Your question gets asked everyday by teenagers who feel special that they have found classic rock.

Don't listen to pop radio. It's just depressing. Modern music is fantastic you just gotta know where to look :)

• ?

The only thing that would make this post more original is if you said "I'm 14 and love classic rock. "

• while i prefer older artists(60s-90s) there are still a few decent bands out there. you just have to look harder to find them.