Anonymous
Anonymous asked in TravelEurope (Continental)Other - Europe · 10 years ago

Which country is more gay friendly, Croatia or Slovenia?

yep

Favorite Answer

Slovenia since Croats attack gays at least on parades (There were many attacks on Split gay parade this year) while Slovenians just hate them but they won't attack you they could be just not nice. If someone do attack them he isn't local he is immigrant (Croat, Bosnian or Serbs)

This is only for ones that don't like gays not for everyone.

So Slovenia.

@K2010 Just read it

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Slovenia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Croatia

Yes Roman Catholic Church had and still have great influence on this two countries but 5% of Croats don't believe in God and around 15-20% Slovenes don't believe in God I would say that It is much more bigger influence in Croatia then Slovenia.

First LGBTQ festival in Slovenia dates in 1984, namely the Ljubljana Gay and Lesbian Film Festival.

Source(s): From Slovenia

k2010 you are wrong.

both coutries are infuenced by Roman Catholicism.

In Slovenia religion and state are completely-secularism. Besides no one really cares if you're gay and if they do they usually won't say it. you can registrate samesex relationship. a right given by law.

In Croatia traditional Roman Catholicism and state are deeply intertwined-everything is affected school system, financing of the government,...legislation is not gay-friendly.Still I believe not everyone, of course, is homophobic...just a minority but will be more likely to act on it. don't get me wrong-I think most of them not hateful at all.

• K2010

Slovenia is largely influenced by Roman Catholicism, and is, as a whole, still considered to be rather conservative, especially regarding public reactions concerning gay and transgender rights and visibility of LGBT people. In the last few years there have been a few mass-organized or group violences towards LGBT activism and manifestations.

same could pertain to Croation, which is also very conservative, but since the first gay pride in 2002. Republic of Croatia bans all anti-gay discrimination, unregistered cohabitations have been introduced, and more and more politicians and celebrities support gay rights, with some decided to go out of the closet.

So I am going with Croatia

• Amoeba

eh, Slovenia for sure, I am from Croatia and we had a gay pride in my town not long time ago, and people attacked gays there. I am gay friendly though :D

Source(s): Croatia! :D

Slovenia. As explanation I would write the same as it's written in the first answer.

Source(s): From slovenia.
  • vaz

I even have an internet pal from Lebanon who's gay and he stated there are actually not too many problems with that. although i could in my view be a sprint extra careful, reason Arabic united states of america remains Arabic.

To be frank, who cares? I won't say Croatia only because I'm from Croatia. Doubt there's much difference anyway but Croatia is nicer, that's for sure. :D