Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 8 years ago

Why do feminists dislike masculinity, and men in general ?

It seems that feminists have a strong disliking for all men (except for the few cowardly ones that succumb to feminism and become "male feminists") - there have been multiple quotes by the famous feminists that have shaped feminism, such as from Andrea Dworkin (and many other feminists) who has stated that even consensual sex is an act of violence and is simply rape. She has also stated things such as marriage being derived from rape

" Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Rape, originally defined as abduction, became marriage by capture. Marriage meant the taking was to extend in time, to be not only use of but possession of, or ownership. " - Andrea Dworkin

"Intercourse as an act often expresses the power men have over women." - Andrea Dworkin

"All sex, even consensual sex between a married couple, is an act of violence perpetrated against a woman." - Catherine MacKinnon

"All men are rapists and that's all they are" - Marilyn French

Now, my question is, WHY do these feminists dislike men so much ? To condemn such an intimate act of love between a man and a woman (sexual intercourse) as "rape" is unfathomable to me. Have they been hurt, at one point in their lives, by a man so much that they developed a hatred for them all ? If this is true, then perhaps misogynists have had the same thing happen to them, only in their case, they have been hurt by a woman.

@Sam - The fact that you agree that marriage is the same as kidnapping and raping someone shows that a feminist's mind is blurred and clouded by hate.

@Sammy - Since I'm 16, and not technically a man, you love me don't you ? <3

@Sam - Marriage was never about "abduction" - if you do research you will find that it's purpose has always been pure (to create a bond between two loving men and women), however, the misuse of marriage sometimes led to people marrying to gain land. Marrying to obtain land is NOT EQUAL to abduction. Feminists such as you and Andrea Dworkin simply feel the need to be victimized (when in fact there is nothing making you a victim) and so you create these ideas of something as pure as marriage being "derived from abduction." Open your eyes.

@Sam - Ah but that's the thing right there, it's not a fact you're stating, it's not even an opinion. It's a delusional lie created to fullfill your need to be victimized, and whatever action you try to take against the situation you make up in your "fact" is your attempt at satisfying your inferiority complex.

@Sam - Indeed they are creating the lies for you, but not just for you, they are creating them to instill the idea in ALL people's minds that Women = Helpless Victims, and Men = Brutal Savage Predators.

Best Answer

Feminism is an out dated and flawed idea. It has no place in the modern world and will soon fade away and die unmissed.

• cutter

i could say that for the duration of an exceedingly generic experience, sure, men dislike feminists. As a guy myself, I say that it relies upon. there is not something incorrect with a female believing interior the ability interior herself. the form of feminists who I dislike are people who attempt to convey men all the way down to make themselves equivalent fairly of establishing women folk up. somewhat I dislike people who breed hate for yet another group, no depend who that group is.

• Okay, so I'm all for feminism but some of the things they think up and do are just plain ridiculous.

Like this: sex is suddenly rape!? I know I'm young (14) but that is freaking idiotic. I was personally sexually abused not by a man, but by a woman. Would they let that slip?!

I also heard that they might ban cards soon since a King is of higher value than a Queen.

Some feminists just go over board.

• Bilaft

BECAUSE THEY'RE FEMINISTS! It's self explanatory. In the mind of a feminist, males are completely inferior and inadequate. Their sole purpose is to degrade women. And only the weak subservient men are worth anything. Feminism is about the empowerment of females. And who are they trying to display this power to, if not men? That's just there mentality. In fact, it's not even that all feminists dislike men (though a lot of feminists are misandrists). They just believe that women are better in all aspects for having to endure centuries of male domineering. There are plenty of men just like them, with the same attitude about how inferior women are.

Not all feminist hate men. My opinion I believe is fear of losing their freedom and independence but can you really blame them? I can't generalize but i'm willing to bet that if they met a nice man who is on the same intellectual level they really don't have a problem. Show me a man hating feminist and i will show you a respectful man.

and to the bestiality comment there are women who rape, kill, and have sex with animals tooo. It has nothing to do with sex. My friends sister was molested by the house maid and if you want to defend that then you are worse than what you hate.

• K6 years agoReport

Your second comment: That's what I was trying to say! But I doubt they listened or cared to listen! :'(

• sam

"Marriage as an institution developed from rape as a practice. Rape, originally defined as abduction, became marriage by capture. Marriage meant the taking was to extend in time, to be not only use of but possession of, or ownership."

That's not a particularly controversial quotation - many (most?) cultures developed marriage as a way for men to have control over women and paternity of children. Pick up a book sometime, it's not a view restricted to feminists.

Edit

Are you actually that retarded? Stating that marriage developed from abduction (as it did in many cultures) and stating that that is what it means nowadays (at least in the West) are two completely different things. You are the one that is clouded by emotion and defensiveness - I am simply stating the agreed opinion of most anthropologists.

Edit

LMAO!!! Ah you crack me up. So young and naive. Yes, marriage has always been about a sacred spiritual bond ...

Not to mention that stating an objective fact does not equate to acting victimised. But your defensiveness won't let you see that.

Edit

Wow, all those historians creating lies just for little ol' me! I'm honoured :-) Am I some kind of "Chosen One", because this stuff was all around long before I was born?

• The view that men are predatory is capitulated by the simple fact that some men stalk, rape, and kill women just like they stalk and kill animals. Sometimes they even have sex with animals. (Enumclaw's horse ranch ring any bells?) One only has to turn on the news or read a newspaper to see evidence of it every day. I love how MRA's complain that "feminists" are creating hysteria when it comes to rape and violence against women. No, the truth of the matter is the wild beasts among you are doing a good job of that all by themselves.

• David6 years agoReport

first off men areraped by women to but its harder for them because men are stronger and women fk dogs and horses trust me shet be on facebook dont watch it

because they like hairy vag

I just hate all the men on here thats all.

• K6 years agoReport

what did I ever do to you? :'(