Carol asked in Social ScienceAnthropology · 10 years ago

Are there any living descendents of Nostradomos?

I know that from his second marriage came 6 children. Did any of them survive long enough to have families? Are there any descendents alive now?

Favorite Answer

None of his 3 sons had children, so no one bearing the surname Nostradamus or the version of the surname in French, Notredame, would be a direct descendant.

There could be direct descendents though one or more of his daughters, but I don't find any factual information online about any of their descendents into present day.

Source:

Title: Nostradamus and his prophecies

Authors: Nostradamus; Edgar Leoni

Publisher: Mineola, N.Y. : Dover Publications, 2000, pages 38-39

http://books.google.com/books?id=s-MgpQKx1MEC&pg=P...

See page 39 of full text in the link given above for the names of his daughters and the names of their husbands.

I suspect if the genealogy/family tree could be traced to present-day living direct descendents, someone would have conducted that research and published it by now. Not finding any info talking about such a genealogy makes me think there is no direct living descendant now.

Best wishes

Source(s): Professional genealogist + Reference/information librarian

As I understand it, his wife and/or child died in the plague. You would have to get the names of family members: French genealogy. His name would have been Michel de Nostradame or as he came to be know: Nostradamus. You would have to do some digging in genealogies to find out.

Maybe the sleeping prophet "Cayce" and or "Madonna". Nostradamus means Madonna.

Good question.