Michael M asked in News & EventsCurrent Events · 10 years ago

What should happen to the 2 hikers detained in Iran; what are your thoughts about them being there?

Favorite Answer

How do you expect Iran act when they have been insde Iran's borders illegally?....

As I know, they have broken the rules about the borders, etc. and are known as spies: The three Americans were arrested in July 2009 after illegally crossing the border from the mountains of Iraq's Kurdistan region. They were charged with espionage after the Tehran prosecutor found "compelling evidence" that the trio had been cooperating with US intelligence agencies.

And I know that there are some 100% innocnet Iranians in America's prisons and their families are really worried abut them, and they have done nothing wrong....

• Kini

I wouldnt use Yahoo as a reliable news source any more than Wikipedia.

But I am surprised the Iranians could not strike a deal with the U.S. like to drop some sanctions in return for their release, or exchange the captured Iranian diplomats who are in Iraq for 5 years, in exchange for those two. They made a deal with the girl for $500 million through a third party in Bahrain, so they could have done that again.

They are not professional hikers. Why the media keeps calling them that I dont know. Just two Americans who lived in Syria and illegally crossed the Iranian border.

With so much spying going on in Iran by the U.S. I am not surprised this happened. Why those guys went hiking in that location I dont understand.

The U.S. detains plenty of innocent people and sends them to other countries for torture, so why pick on Iran for detaining Americans. The U.S. is responsible for the economic problems of the Iranian people.

With any luck they will be imprisoned long enough to be removed from the gene pool and improve the breed.

Any idiot that goes for a hike on the Iranian border without a company or two of Marines along should not be allowed to pass his mental impediment on to the next generation.

Of course, we'd all like to see them return to the U.S. as soon as possible.

Iran is probably holding them as a "bargaining chip."

Pure idiots who must be taught a lesson.

Source(s): Common Sense.

I think its sad and anyone being heartless is a shame and its appalling.

since their americans, theres no point debating THEIR definately innocent,

Iran is a threat to national security becuase they "threaten to defend them selfs"

against american attack, or israel, SHAME ON YOU IRAN!

they will be freed in a few days.