What happens EXACTLY when you take a bath after not sleeping for 24 hours or more?

Well, my friend and I are arguing about this. I'm at work and he's the one that will replace me after my shift ends. He messaged me and then says he can't go to work because "he can't fall asleep" after a night and a day had passed. I insisted that he's just being lazy and just making... show more Well, my friend and I are arguing about this. I'm at work and he's the one that will replace me after my shift ends. He messaged me and then says he can't go to work because "he can't fall asleep" after a night and a day had passed. I insisted that he's just being lazy and just making up reasons so that he won't go to work and force me to double my shift (16 hours) for today. He then said "I can't go there because I still haven't took a bath. I don't want to take a bath because I DON'T WANT MY NERVES (see Note) TO EXPLODE (literally, like a hemorrhage or whatever you call that)"

Now, I refuse to believe his reasoning so I searched the web. The closest one I can get is this: http://yhoo.it/pmAuGn but it doesn't satisfy me. I can't find anything that relates to what I'm talking about (additionally, I suck at searching). So, I'm asking some professionals or experienced people here, what EXACTLY happens when you take a bath after not sleeping for 24 hours or more? Thanks in advance :)

Note: Nerves meaning the nerves in your body, the nervous system, the thing where blood flows or whatever.