? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 8 years ago

How the hell did Michele Bachmann win the Ames Straw poll?

I don't understand how such a bigoted and ignorant woman could have won that poll. Has the American public not been paying attention to her signs of stupidity?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxQZMSl-o0

Youtube thumbnail

Please tell me why you support her.

I'm not even a liberal, and I don't support Obama. Ad hominem? Sure. Anyone could go through and attack her individual points and highlight their stupidity, but to me it just seems a lot more efficient to attack the person creating them.

"Your ad hominem reflects only her, and, by extension, all her points and arguments, and says everything about Bachmann and the people of Iowa for whom her message resonated."

• Jimbo
    Favorite Answer

The Ames Straw poll is a false symbol of who is leading in the primary races. It means absolutely nothing. It gained prominence because of the Democrat Party bullshit line they use to indicate who's going to win a certain race and nothing else. That said, I have nothing against Bachmann winning it. I don't necessarily support her at this point.

Your ad hominem reflects only on you, and, by extension, all liberals, and says nothing about Bachmann and the people of Iowa for whom her message resonated.

Obviously in Iowa the Republicans like her. I prefer Rick Perry myself. Although I am not a Republican, I don't like any of Obama's policies and so must choose from the Republican pot. Michelle does not appeal to the South, to my knowledge, but Rick Perry sure does. Moderates LOVE him!

She received 200+ more votes then Ron Paul, but a straw poll doesn't means much.

• daisy

she is not a socialist. she believes in limited government. she believes in our constitution. she also believes in jobs for americans, and not regulating companies out of business. most important she believes americans should be able to make their own decisions regarding health care, and not be forced into the obama care slush fund, which is the ultimate goal of obama.

Talking about ignorance...

Has your messiah come back from his trip in all the 57 US states (and one left to go)?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

Youtube thumbnail

It was Iowa, enough said.

She kept stating over and over that she was born in Iowa.

Just like in the NH debate, she kept stating over and over about her children and foster children, and said little else.

I blame viagra

she bought 4000 tickets and wouldn't let people see Randy Travis unless they voted for her.