Is Troy University in Alabama a good place for graduate students?

I would like to go for a Masters in Public Administration, Im wondering if they offer housing for graduate students, how is the job market and is it a friendly enviroment overall?

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

As a former resident of Alabama, my opinion of Troy is that it is a solid school. A degree from Troy won't carry the weight of Harvard or Yale, maybe not even Alabama or Auburn. Still, a degree from Troy is not the worst degree you can get. Troy, after all, offers bachelors and masters to servicemen in the military on bases throughout the world. The MPA degree you get from Troy is more applicable to those who are in public administration and need a masters to maintain their job or to get promoted from their job. It is less applicable to someone coming into the field and looking to start his career.

As for the job market, the Troy/Pickens County economy is doing ok, though not as well as it was before the recession. Pike County's unemployment rate is just over seven percent. Troy has a number of local industries. It is also home to facilities for Lockheed Martin and Sikorsky Aircraft. Troy is about an hour south of Montgomery, which is the state capitol.

Troy has just under 20,000 people. It is a college town and everyone who has been to Troy tells me that the environment is friendly.

Finally, Troy has housing on campus for graduate students.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Sure.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.