Could you please check and improve my sentences?

Richard Hand is a Swedish man lives in Angelholm, Sweden. He was highly interested in Atomic studies. So then, he bought the atomic science related books and read loads of them. To testify his practical knowledge on atomic studies he decided to set up a mini atomic station at his home by replacing his kitchen. He... show more Richard Hand is a Swedish man lives in Angelholm, Sweden. He was highly interested in Atomic studies. So then, he bought the atomic science related books and read loads of them. To testify his practical knowledge on atomic studies he decided to set up a mini atomic station at his home by replacing his kitchen. He then bought high power atomic emitters like Uranium, Radium e.t.c., and he tried to break those for his research. Suddenly he had a doubt on those kind of atomic research was being done at his home is under law or not.

To check that, he made a call to the Atomic research centre in Sweden and asked them they would give permission for this kind of home setup atomic station. Shocked by his call, the officer forwarded the message to the Swedish police. The Swedish police immediately went to his home and seized all his high power atomic emitters and eventually arrested him. The police filed a case against him for buying non-licensed atomic emitters and doing research at home. He could get up to two years in prison if the case was proved.

Guys, this is my current level of English. Please tell me how I'm doing, so that I can improve.