Is there any way to cook fish with out it sticking to the pan?

Our stove and oven doesn't work so we bought a skillet thingy,,, any ways I have to pan cook salmon, cause I try and eat salmon 3 times a week. I use canola oil and have to use a lot of it I mean more than normal, or it sticks to the pan. I am afraid even though it is canola oil I am clogging my arteries.. Am I... show more Our stove and oven doesn't work so we bought a skillet thingy,,, any ways I have to pan cook salmon, cause I try and eat salmon 3 times a week. I use canola oil and have to use a lot of it I mean more than normal, or it sticks to the pan. I am afraid even though it is canola oil I am clogging my arteries.. Am I just using the wrong pan or something? any ideas how to use less oil when I cook fish? Just a reminder, MY OVEN DOESN'T WORK...........
Update: Should I use olive oil instead?
Update 2: I feel like I am deep frying my fish in canola oil, just so it won't stick to the pan.... =-(