Why are Emirati people so rich....!?!?!?

I'm a Somali-American, and I'm living with my Aunt for 1 year in Dubai for school. She and her husband and kids are Somali ethnicity, but Emirati nationality and she's so rich. They have a mansion, like a 10 minute walk from Dubai mall, or the Burj Khalifa.

They have Mercedes, land rovers, Lexus, and porsche cars. They buy a new car every year! They took me to Dubai Mall, and they literally bought me a blackberry torch, blackberry play book, and almost 2,000 dirhams worth of clothes!!

They're buying a new house with a elevator next month! They have like 4 maids too.

They spend there money like water lol.

• flumpo
    Favorite Answer

They have 4 maids? Do the maids have brand new land rovers? You have answered your own question. They are not all rich. They actually have huge amounts if people living on very low incomes who they exploit. They have a lot of oil rich people as they export a lot of oil at huge prices set by the cartel known as OPEC. They don't like to know about the poor people or other nations knowing about it so they don't put it in the holiday brochures.

Did you think the maids were all millionaires?!

Emirati People

This Site Might Help You.

RE:

They have Mercedes, land...

Source(s): emirati people rich: https://tr.im/QUTK2

As TT said they were not like this before.Global economy changed and the leaders of UAE grabbed the opportunity and controlled the country economy in such a way that every national can profit hugely with what ever investment they bring from Foriegn. including the manpower they bring from out side of country for running the businesses.

All the businesses are sponsered by national, what ever the situation, they will get their sponser ship profit(its like royalty). So wealth accumalets like that even though they work or not. There are enough smart people who utilize their skills to increase this wealth in many folds as the system allows them to do so with little effort.Govt supports the Nationals in many ways. and the lost thing is they dont need to pay TAXES.

haha lol i'm so used to people saying that. I think its cause the gov'n offers us alot of choices in terms of job offers and the minimum wage of an emirati is really high plus alot of us have connections so we can basically get any job we want as long as we know the right people. but not everyone is so rich although i have yet to meet them.

• WOrD

Not every one is like that . May be they have some investments or business that supplements their income. Some people just pretend to be rich in front of their friends but they are really living on debt from credit card purchases etc. And the car is on monthly installment or on lease , not really hard to get one.

Somalis having UAE nationality is not unheard of , I too know another Somali family who got UAE passports. They applied a long time ago before the immigration changed their rules on this. Years before they used to come visit us and ask for charity , now each of their kids drives a new car and they have a nice villa and a good job. But they are good people , and did not forget about their friends.

Also 2 houses on my street are rented by rich Indian businessmen, and a 3rd house by a Pakistani , one of the 2 Indians I talked to and he told me he also has another house and a business in Oman because he got Omani nationality as he said, and he parks 2 expensive Mercedes cars in this house , even when he goes to Oman he has other Mercedes cars there too.

As you see it is not uncommon , every one can achieve their dreams if they have a will and strength to do it , and may be some "wasta" too will go a long way.

• H

Not all Emaratis are rich and it doesm't take to be rich to have a villa with an elevator:) If you want to know where your aunt's family got their money from, just ask them!

Source(s): common sense

that would be a stereotype since not all of them are rich some people come from rich families like the al nehayans maktoums and the others the rest are quite normal just want to be treated like an al nehayan

Source(s): most of the nehayans and maktoums are famous

dear somali friend

as for water...the news says “when he was attacked by the 6 foot beast” what happen is that poor wife eyes witnessed the spirit of night, lord of hosts, the king, do you know that belief and faith, do not live nor they grow, if not by such tearful blood, or such news of daily massacres, murders ect

that’s how as an emirati i measure my rich, which is the “reproduction” of my faith, not by porsche nor by mercedes

@fairies : hello sweetheart :-D

there is a good amount of help for emirati too ..... but they have facilities to promote themselves fast if they have the caliber ...