Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsRespiratory Diseases · 9 years ago

I just woke up choking and gasping for air....?

So, about 30 minutes ago, I woke up choking and gasping for air... Ran to the bathroom, coughed for about 1 minute, while trying to catch my breath. Now my throat is on fire and my stomach is still upset, like it has been for the last 4 hours(I ate a philly cheese steak around 5 pm) Also, I was diagnosed with GERD back in July 2009, but this was the first time anything like this has happened... Could this have possibly been the GERD kicking in? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

Chronic dry cough, especially at night. GERD is a common cause of unexplained coughing. It is not clear how cough is caused or aggravated by GERD.

It is most likely the GERD kicking in noticeable symptoms. Many times GERD symptoms are not noticeable and are random.

The cure for Sinus and GERD is same.

The most visible thing about sinus is swelling.

The easiest way to control swelling is to give up water and all other liquids for 24 hours. In 24 hours there will be no significant dehydration to cause organ failure. But to be double sure one can stay indoors for 24 hours.

Now if you decided to try it the next problem is that one who is used to drinking water or other liquids feel thirsty quite often. They find it very difficult to manage without water for more than 6 hours. For that follow the following routine.

First thing in the morning drink tea (on empty stomach). It should be normal tea not too strong nor too light. One should not take anything with tea. No water or anything before or after tea for atleast 1 hour. Tea on empty stomach leaves a bitter taste in mouth. Resist drinking water or any other liquid for next 3-4 hours. After this the bitter taste will be gone. AFter this there will be no thirst signals. For the next 48 hours there will be enough fluid in your mouth and food pipe. You can eat your normal meals minus any liquids for next 24 hours. This will resolve all health issues including poor digestion.

In 24 hours the reduction in the fluids will be about 3 litres or about 5% of the total body weight of a normal adult.

Never the swelling due to sinus or cold and cough is more than 5% of the body volume.

During this period of 24 hours the lose of water from the body does not reduce even by 1% to offset reduced water intake.

The reduction in loss of body water thru urine or sweating starts after 48 hours in most of people. But to be on safe side giving up water and liquids for 24 hours will do the trick.

The reduced swelling will give immediate relief from pain. It will make is much more easier to eliminate the cough thru nose without any pain.

That will also improve the blood acid levels by about 5%. This makes changes at the cell level as well. Blood acid levels are the first line of defense against the infections.

So swelling gone, pain gone, cough moving out, infections taken care of. Now what remains in the body for the next change of season time. Obviously nothing.

So it has already given u long term relief from sinus.

You may refer to Kole on yahoo answers. He posted that he got lot of relief. You may check his comment on my best answers of 14.8.2011

To decide whether the above is right or not, you may comment whether u are in the habit of regularly drinking water and other liquids or out of work or other reasons u remain without water and other liquids for long periods of time. Those who are very regular in drinking water and other liquids are more prone to sinus and related complications. People who are extremely dehydrated are also very likely to face sinus and related complications. Those who are on and off with water are not likely to face this sinus thing.

• Mark N

Could be allergies---I live in sagebrush country, and nights are terrible for me. Claritin helps me, but don't seek this kind of advice on the web, though, see a doctor