Dog asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 9 years ago

I am looking for home security monitoring system..?

I am moving to somewhat not good (not too bad) neighborhood, however I am looking for a good home security monitoring system ( 24/7 monitoring alarm), like Brinks,etc.. I am not looking for anything too pricey, I have seen them go low as 8.95 a month. Anyone know good website to where I can shop and compare different security monitoring systems? I know the cheaper they are the lower quality, but then again I am trying to get something I can afford...

Do not get Vivant. They installed my system and it never worked properly. They activated the system without telling me I needed a permit, as well. After a false alarm with no alarm permit with the worthless HPD, I am out$100. I made an appointment for the installer to return and fix the system and he never showed, never called. The problems with it? They installed a doorbell camera and the doorbell ceased to function, I got never ending (sometimes alerts to my phone 4 times an hour) that the battery is low in the downstairs motion sensor. The fire alarm sensor place next to my smoke detector fell off the ceiling after a week. The front door could not be closed all the way or the new automatic door lock/security lock on the front door would not close; I had to 'almost' close the door to lock it. Had the system a month and no one came to fix any of those. I called and canceled. They will not reimburse me for the false alarm. So aside from the headaches of trying to find batteries (wasted gas and hours going to store after store) for the motion sensor, the 3 hours I gave them to install the system, the $15 I paid to register my system with HPD, I am still liable for the $100 fine and $15 surcharge. If it sounds too good to be true, it sure is. Do not recommend them ever.

Stay away from Vivint. They have horrible customer service. I signed a 42-month contract in August of 2013 (27 months ago). I used the service for 3 months. It was not a good fit for me. Frankly, I never realized just how creepy it is to have people suddenly talking to you in your home when you think you have privacy. It really didn't work for me because I put a high value on my privacy. But I paid, and I am paying. And even though Vivint is aware that I have not used this system since November 2013, when my credit card expiration date ran out they sent me a letter telling me that they were going to seek a legal solution. They never contacted me about the expiration date on the credit card, so when I got a billing for $54.11 (the monthly amount) in October, I paid it and sent a letter telling them why the credit card stopped working. I also told them that I had not used their service since November 2013 and they have that record. I received a billing today with a past due amount of $216 plus the $54 amount for a total of $270, and this company has done absolutely nothing for me. Stay away from Vivint, or at least go in knowing they could shaft you too.

Not sure you would get under $8,95/month for 24/7 alarm monitoring system, but just go search for security company website and call them directly or get quoted as well, there must be some discount prices offered or another cheap security option meet your budget. Anyway, you can visit this link for cheap home security monitoring system

http://www.a1alarmmonitoring.com/

You can look for it online as the companies often give the offers from free installation. You can have this feature easily by contacting them. But sometimes they keep extra charges. You can also contact this guy I have used once from the no. in the source box.