How Do All You Teens Afford to Wear Abercrombie?

Me and my brother are about to be in high school. We can buy HCO, AE, Aeropostale and PacSun, but never Abercrombie. Everytime we go in their there is no sale. But I see everyone at my school wearing it. Some of these same kids are even on free lunch.

Both our parents are working- which were very grateful for- and make enough to be considered 1st class- but I don't feel like it..lol- but it still seems like Abercombie is ridiculously expensive. The shirts we see are like $48, and clearance is $25.

So, just curiois, how do all you guys afford Abercrombie, because I know our family needs to buy a car for us and pay for college, so I don't know.. please clarify. :)

• Jess
    Favorite Answer

I only buy things from Abercrombie that are on clearence or at the outlet stores. I rarely shop their but every once in a while they have cute things. But I totally agree with you. The stuff there is RIDICULOUSLY expensive. I saw a sweater there, a plain grey sweater with buttons, nothing special for $98. Like, wtf?

But people afford Abercrombie obviously have parents with high paying jobs and have a lot of money.

Or they get hand-me-downs or only buy clearence or whatever. Sometimes you can get shirts for like $10 at abercrombie on clearence. But they tend to be tacky. Thrift stores tend to carry abercrombie and so do places like Marshalls and T.J. Maxx and Ross.

I don't wear Abercrombie, but I wear Hollister, Billabong, Burton, Roxy,AE, Aeropostale etc.

My parents have a very very low income. We live in a tiny house, and I don't feel spoiled or high class at all. All my friends families have flat screen tvs, big houses, new furniture etc while our house is full of used furniture and the house is falling apart. We can't afford much.

I get a summer job and I always pay for my own clothing, except at Christmas or my birthday. On www.hollisterco.com I buy from clearance, I just ordered 5 sweaters on there last night for school (4 for me plus one for my sis) I got 4 sweaters at $13.50 and 1 at $11.50. They were %30 off and I had a 20% off coupon! It was awesome feeling because it said regular $89. Wow.

Also, I found 3 hollister tanks at a used clothing store and ended up paying $1.50 for them. They look like new and are so nice.

I only buy clearance stuff and check eBay alot :)

Every once in a while I have found sales for abercrombie online. I bought a tank top for 7 bucks and a skirt for 11 do you just have to keep a look out :D

Source(s): me
  • GTAP!!

I get by with AE. It's fine because I know that by buying lunch I don't steal from the government. Besides I'm a guy, I could care less as long as I look fine.

By any chance are those free lunchers chaldean?

• Emily

I rarely shop there. It's not much different than American Eagle or Hollister but it's way more expensive. On occasion I buy stuff from there but usually I find it's not worth it. Abercrombie seems to be declining in popularity anyway.

I shop at Abercrombie Kids in an x-large because their clearance is cheaper.

• Medley

Your not the only one, it's way to expensive!! You can buy the same replica of the shirt at Hollister for a lower price. The only difference is the logo. I now just walk past that store like it doesn't exist :D

• I don't wear Abercrombie either. Don't worry you're not alone!!! Paying $50-$60 for a pair of jeans is ridiculous!!

I don't wear it. Instead of asking my Mom for really expensive clothes that I'll eventually outgrow I ask for things that interest me. The kids in my school that wear ridiculously expensive clothes are the ones who always ask me to play my electronics, my advice is to get stuff you can get enjoyment out of.

I can't afford to shop there. I probably could, but i like Aeropostale much better since they're always having sales.