promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 9 years ago

Why did we send navy seals to kill bin laden? why not send army rangers?

I think we should have sent army rangers to kill bin laden instead of navy seals.

Update:

Are you saying the army rangers couldnt have gotten the job done?

I could have killed bin laden if I snuck into his house & chopped him up with my machete.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Like Wraeth said it was a JSOC (Joint Special Operations Command) Mission. That means everyone in that JSOC readiness level was on the op. This includes Navy SEALs DEVgru, SFOD-D, Air Force Combat Controllers or TACP,160th, 24th STS and other Special Operations Units, which could of included Green Berets(Special Forces) and Army Rangers who can be brought up to a JSOC level.

No one is saying one unit could of done a better job they help each other out, just like the recent death of 22 Navy SEAL Team 6 members, they were backup for 3rd Battalion, 75th Army Rangers Units.

On top of that Op, CIA's Elite SOG (remember MACV-SOG) who recruits personnel from the SEALs, Rangers, and Delta. They could of ran the operation and you would of heard on the New "SOG Kills Osama Bin laden on a 40minute raid". The point is, it doesn't matter they're all on the same side for the same goal.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Alex
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Army Rangers ain't SF.

They're elite airborne infantrymen.

I thin that DEVGRU has been used like cover for the real facts.

It's pretty obvious that Delta,160th were there,and it've been secret,like a Shadow Company.

CIA's SOG were there too.

Bye.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

Rangers have been killing/capturing HVTs since the invasion (and before). It's called rotations, one JSOC unit will have missions one week the next week it'll rotate to a different unit. The one on standby will likely be QRF or for a secondary target. It just happened to the DEVGRUs mission week.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

DEVGRU killed him. They are the most elite unit our military has along with 1st SFOD-D (Delta Foce). It was going to be DEVGRU or 1st SFOD-D, other units such as Rangers aren't qualified enough, or they would have to send a massive 60 man attack which could get many people killed.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Really?Its DEVGRU not Navy SEALs.

SEALs are more made for the situation.I dont think sending more advanced army infantry would fit the bill.

• 9 years ago

Don`t have such a big ego. The SEALs are the most elite unit in the US Military, apart from Delta Force (If they`re real.)

• Wraeth
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

JSOC had the mission. SEALS got the glory, but the 75th, 160th WERE there, and you can probably bet the CAG (SFOD-D) were also there.

Source(s): US Army Scout
  • Anonymous
    9 years ago

Should have sent CIA SAD. Since the CIA found him why not send their own soldiers in?

• 9 years ago

Who cares?

They got the job done.

End of story.

If it was me they could have send the peace corps ;-) as long as they get the job done.

• 9 years ago

cuz seals can do tricks with their noses

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.