I the black widow the most poisons insect?
Or is there more other poisons insects like the scorpion.
- MetalplanttagLv 79 years agoFavorite Answer
"The world's most venomous insect is an ant. Not the ant in the photo... those are fire ants, which are poisonous, but don't get the award for 'most venomous insect'. That prize goes to the harvester ant (Pogonomyrmex maricopa). The LD50 for harvester ant venom (in rodents) is 0.12 mg/kg. Compare that to a LD50 of 2.8 mg/kg for a honey bee (Apis mellifera) sting. Now... that's interesting, but the part I liked was that the researchers say that is "equivalent to 12 stings killing a 2 kg (4.4 lb) rat" (University of Florida Book of Insect Records). You have to wonder about that. Did they run out of lab animals and use some wharf rat in the research? Why not just say it takes about 3 stings to kill a one pound rat? " - from http://chemistry.about.com/od/howthingsworkfaqs/f/...
"The Brazilian wandering spiders appeared in Guinness World Records 2010 as the world's most venomous spider" from http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brazilian_wandering_s...
Spiders and scorpions are not insects. - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insect
- La Vie BohemeLv 79 years ago
No.the black widow is not the most poisonous. Actually, it's not an insect. No spiders are insects. Last I heard, the Brazilian Wandering Spider was the most poisonous. The most poisonous insect is apparently the Harvester ant.
- RangerLv 79 years ago
There are many spiders more poisonous than the Black Widow. The common Grand Daddy Long Legs is many times more poisonous than a Black Widow, but the Daddy Long Legs is not built right to be able to bite anyone.
- 9 years ago
The venom of a black widow is extremely potent but it delivers a tiny amount. Not fatal in most cases. It's the africanized honey bees that are the worst, for they will relentlessly attack as soon as one attacks they gang up. The daddy long legs is a popular mith but untrueSource(s): To much discovery channel lol
- How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
- barryLv 43 years ago
The black widow chunk is normally no longer deadly to the final person. some elderly, or young ones ought to die if bitten, yet normally won't if taken care of. they generally stay in dryer climates, and in darker, out of how places. whilst i replaced into stationed at Camp Pendleton in souther Cali, we'd locate them in all places in basements, at the back of wall lockers, etc. whilst the chunk isn't deadly, i will tell, you will desire you have been lifeless. i replaced into bitten whilst we've been shifting wall lockers one time. I reached at the back of the wall locker to go it, and then I felt the worst discomfort I ever felt. i replaced into taken care of. i replaced into ill for a pair days, and the welt that got here up replaced into incredibly nasty. different than that, i replaced into positive after approximately 2 days. no longer the best thank you to get a pair days off although.