is sacramento a safe place to live?

Is Sacramento a safe place to live? because I'v heard there is a lot of crime and gangs and murder. I have heard of Oak park, and garden blocc, and g parkway. I was wondering what part of the city these places are located and are they safe? and if not what are the safe areas of sacramento to live in?

Best Answer

Well, how to say? Safety is relative. Every neighborhood has its own issues, I think. However, if you want to find a safe place to live, I would say that there are some areas you should avoid. Neighborhoods around the intersection of Mack Road and Center Parkway are well-know as high crime areas as well as the Oak Park neighborhood.

Generally speaking, Sacramento is very safe. There are lots of options in terms of places to live. It depends what you are looking for. Some recommendations are:

Natomas - This is a mixed community, just north of downtown. There are a lot of newer homes, nice parks and schools. Better yet, it is very close to downtown scene.

Campus Commons, Arden Park, Fair Oaks - They are established neighborhoods to the east and the north of the American River. There are loads of new schools, parks and businesses.

Other good areas include downtown / midtown, Elk Grove, Roseville, Folsom, Rocklin, etc. I think the best thing you should do is to take a trip there if possible and check it out on your own.

By the way, after locating the neighborhood, do you need to find an apartment for rent? As I don't know your budget and needs, what I can tell you is that you can use the Craigslist Sacramento. This is a large and convenient source to find apartments for rent in Sacramento.

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/apa/

However, before checking the craigslist, you’d better check this page. The page offers top tips on avoiding rental fraud on Craigslist Sacrament. It may help you anyway.

http://www.sacramentohotelsinfo.com/hotels-travel/...

I particularly have lived in the Sacramento section all of my life. i will call many secure neighborhoods. at the same time with: Dixon Davis Lodi Elk Grove Natomas Folsom El Dorado Hills Latrobe Jackson trustworthy o.ok. Roseville Granite Bay Lincoln Rocklin Loomis Penryn The specially have wonderful housing components, sturdy buying, sturdy colleges.