Does AARP offer affordable health insurance?

I'm turning 50 the end of October, as of now I have no health insurance. Someone told me that I'll be eligible for AARP and will be able to get affordable health and dental insurance. Is AARP the answer to being able to finally afford health and dental insurance?

I mean, really discounted? I've looked at a lot of plans out there right now, and I can't really afford any of them.

Favorite Answer

AARP partners with health insurance carriers to offer individual and family and Medicare plans to their members. Before you sign on to an AARP plan, however, I would recommend working with a licensed agent online or in your area to get quotes from a broader range of health insurance companies, in case one is a better fit for your needs and budget. It doesn’t cost anything extra to work through an agent.

Cost, of course, is always a factor. But be sure to think about cost as more than just the monthly premium. Look at copayments and deductibles too. If you’re someone who sees the doctor regularly or is on prescription medication, it may make more sense to go with a plan that has a higher monthly premium but a lower deductible or copay.

To learn more about shopping for health insurance on your own, take a look at the health insurance buyer’s guide we published online:

http://www.ehealthinsurance.com/individual-health-...

Good luck.

I would recommend one to visit this website where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insurequote.info/index.html?src=2YAqwhffHR3...

RE :Does AARP offer affordable health insurance?

Update: I mean, really discounted? I've looked at a lot of plans out there right now, and I can't really afford any of them.

2 following

At - INSURECOMPARECAR.INFO- you can compare free quotes

RE Does AARP offer affordable health insurance?

Help yourself you can check your quotes in internet for example here http://help.insuranceforcheap.info/-fhqsoFY852

If you can't afford any of the plans out there, then you can't afford AARP's plan. AARP sells Aetna, so if you've looked at Aetna then you've pretty much have already looked at the plan.

If you want affordable coverage then just call a broker and they can show you all of the plans. Some brokers even sell the AARP plan. If you can't afford what you've seen, then you need to look at higher deductibles. If a $1500 deductible is expensive, then you don't go without insurance. You look at a $2500, $5000, or $10,000 deductible to see what's affordable. For inexpensive plans, I like United Healthcare at a $5,000 or $10,000 deductible. Then you add an accident rider to the plan that equals the deductible. If you get in a covered accident then your deductible could be covered as well.

• Kini

AARP is not an insurance underwriter. They promote companies. You can call on the phone an independent insurance agent and tell him what benefits you want, what your budget is, and get a recomendation for the best one for you.

If you need medical care you can always find a community or county health clinic and pay a nominal charge.

Every state has different insurers and different plans at different rates. You have to check with someone locally. You can also go online to the major insurance companies in your state and get quotes.

• Alanna

I might suggest one to visit this web page where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insuranceforcheap.info/index.html?src=5YAVF...

2 following

Source(s): I might suggest one to visit this web page where onel can get quotes from the best companies: http://insuranceforcheap.info/index.html?src=5YAVF...

Compare insuran ce quotes

There are several comparison sites but I liked this one to get quotes for free: HELP-INSURE.NET

Yes, of course.