Some junkie robs a church for thousands of dollars. The church presses charges. What do you think?

Do you think the church is being hypocritical in not simply forgiving her?

or

Do you feel the church was justified in pressing charges?

16 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

The church seeking justice doesn't mean they don't forgive her.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

First off get the facts straight, nobody or thing can press charges other then the government. You can have a person arrested but it the State that presses charges. Many a time I have heard of people who finding out who the thief or vandal was wants to drop the charges. They have nothing to do with it after the crime is reported. Then it is in the State hands. What can happen and does especially in domestic violence cases is the person does no testify and without that testimony the State can not get a conviction in these case many times the state drops charge before going to court.

My supposition is that they reported the crime, the police found the suspect and prove it, the State then press the charges before a Judge.

Now for the finally answer, No they are not be hypocritical and they were justified in reporting the crime. The money in the viewpoint of every church I have known is that the money is Jesus's and to be used for his works, buy dope to shoot is not god works, They can pray and help the person in question but should not interfere in the work of Caesar.

• 8 years ago

There is a difference between forgiveness for doing something and demanding the person make restitution. Biblically, to be forgiven by someone you must repent (say your sorry and that you will never do that behavior again, follow through and never do that behavior again; and make restitution for any losses the person caused. In Luke 17:3, Jesus says, "So watch yourself, if your brother sins, rebuke him, and if he repents, forgive him." Also in Galatians 6:7, Jesus says, "Do not be deceived: God cannot be mocked. A man reaps what he sows."

To just say, never mind, I forgive you now go on your way, is not agape love and deep down you probably will be unable to forgive the person. Forgiveness is not being a sap nor a wimp. The woman should pay restitution.

Source(s): The Holy Bible. I used to work as a Registered Nurse in psychiatry for 20 years.
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago

If people want to give money to the church then that is up to them. The junkie did wrong and the church was right to press charges.

The real criminals are the government for robbing the poor and not taxing the churches because religion is a business.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

Forgiveness does not mean a person doesnt have to suffer negative consequences for their bad choices.

A church would be totally justified in pressing charges.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

i think that the church would be justified but at the same time they can always forgive them after they have been punished for there crimes :3

• manalo
    Lv 4
    3 years ago

IM a residing evolutionist who says that we are apes or monkeys who split at one time from a project-unfastened ancestor of different apes. We have been monkeys.we are nevertheless apes with much less hair and a better recommendations. we are monkeys. you could deliver the verify to the 2nd reformed church of comparative mythology.

• 8 years ago

Churches have been robbing the people for thousands of years.

• 8 years ago

at leastthe junkie is still alive. In the old days the church would have her killed

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

The church always preaches forgiveness. Unless you mess with their money, then it's on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.