promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Help!? How can my uncle get out of jail?? He is innocent, and he needs to get back to his children.?

there was an incident that happened at my uncles house where his two little girls were fighting and he hit them with the belt so they could calm down and his son got mad so he tried to hit his dad but my uncle hit him with the belt and he left marks, so one of his kids got scared and called the cops and the police came and took him...so now he is in custody for "child abuse" idk if there is any charges..p.s he is not a legal resident of CA so idk what's going to happen? I know my uncle loves his children and wouldn't do anything to hurt them, but in Latin culture that's how our kids are disciplined and i didn't know he would be in jail for this....Also is there such thing as getting a free lawyer??? THANKS SOOOOOO MUCH FOR THE HELP.

Update:

i know the judge can't do anything about our culture and i know its no excuse..anyways whats a bailment because i checked on the jails website for inmate records and there was a section"bailment" it said $20000. P.s:we must fight for our right

10 Answers

Relevance
  • ken
    Lv 5
    9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

In California, hitting a child dependent with an object that inflicts corporal injury, defined as injury that you can see following the incident (not just reddening) is a FELONY FOR A REASON!

penal code 273 (a),

To arrest a subject for the crime of child harm(penal code 273a), injury or endangerment, the

necessary crime elements include:

• any person

• willfully causing or permitting any child to suffer, or

• inflicting unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering, or

• having the care or custody of any child, and

• willfully causing or permitting that child to be placed in such a situation

that his or her person or health is endangered.

273D PC PHYSICAL ABUSE OF A CHILD

any person who willfully inflicts upon any child, any cruel or inhuman, corporal punishment or an injury, resulting in a traumatic condition.

The law does not care what your culture is, you must obey the law. In other cultures "honor killings" are acceptable, not here! So when disciplining your children, you must do it within the law.

The judge will find that your uncle is a faulted human being and those children should not be in his custody. Being allowed to remain in his custody will cause irreparable harm to the children.

For a lawyer, the judge will ask when he is arraigned if he can afford a lawyer, he will have to show that he cannot and the court will appoint a lawyer for him at no cost to him.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 9 years ago

his two little girls were fighting and he hit them with the belt so they could calm down and his son got mad so he tried to hit his dad but my uncle hit him with the belt and he left marks,

What you wrote here pretty spells abuse. Hitting a kid with a belt and especially it leaving marks is abuse. He have ****** himself.

Also not being a legal citizen, he will most likely have to go back to where he lives.

• Karen
    Lv 5
    9 years ago

Hitting children hard enough to leave marks is illegal in the US. Your uncle will not get out of it. If he is illegal he will probably be held on a Federal immigration hold even if he is bailed out. You need to check before you pay to get him out. Bailment means that if you pay 20,000 he can be released and await trial outside of jail. If he shows up for court the money will be returned. He will be offered an attorney if he can't afford one, they are not worth much more than you pay for them, ie. nada.

• Jan
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

Since you say he is not a legal resident of CA, I assume he is here illegally. He will be deported for the charge of child abuse. If hitting your children with belts is the "Latin culture" I feel bad for your children.

What he did is considered abuse in the US. His culture won't get him out of the charge.

Why should the taxpaying citizens of the US pay for his lawyer?

He is NOT innocent.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Bobbi
    Lv 7
    9 years ago

In AMERICAN culture, we don't hit our kids like this. If you are living in America and as Americans, you need to adjust your 'Latin culture' or go back to wherever your Latin culture is. Assimilate, or go home. He probably will be deported.

Source(s): EDIT: Stand up for your rights? what right? the right to hit your kids with a belt? that is messed up. anyhow the bailment is money to get him out of jail. You have to go to a bail bondsman for the money, unless you have $20,000 laying around the house. Then, if he skips YOU are responsible for paying up the money to the bondman. Even then, you don't get 100% of the money back, the bondman charge a fee for their service. This is like a loan.
  • mimi
    Lv 6
    9 years ago

Well your uncle needs to go back to his latin country then.And take all of his anchor children with him.Then he can beat the sh## out of them anytime he wants too.

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

He hit two little girls with a belt ...

goodbye to him ...permanentlly

• Anonymous
    9 years ago

If he not legal he will be deported. Bye bye illegal

• 9 years ago

He's going to be deported if he's in the USA illegally. Nothing you can do about it.

• 9 years ago

Watch the show prison break...its awesone and about a guy who is in jail for cuz he was framed and his brother does everything to tryband get him out. Its a good show. And you cant get a lawyer for free anywhere unless your lawyer is family or close friends and is willing to do it for free.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.