"Expenses" vs "Items" on QuickBooks?

Hey guys!!! =) When entering a Bill (i.e. Enter Bill) from a Vendor, when is it "Expenses" and when is it "Items"? The thing is, someone asked me for a translation but I didn't have time to do it, so I asked someone else to do it. When he gave me the invoice, I tried to enter it in... show more Hey guys!!! =)

When entering a Bill (i.e. Enter Bill) from a Vendor, when is it "Expenses" and when is it "Items"?

The thing is, someone asked me for a translation but I didn't have time to do it, so I asked someone else to do it. When he gave me the invoice, I tried to enter it in QuickBooks, but on "Enter Bill" it showed me the options "Expenses" and "Items". My question is, how do I enter that? Because I can enter it as an expense under the account "Subcontracted Services", and if I choose "Items" I could enter it as "Translation" under the "Item" box... but somehow it doesn't seem right to do it the last way. Can someone please help me??

Thanks for your help!!!