Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 9 years ago

A good side dish for tortellini?

So tonight I am making dinner for my boyfriend, I've made other things like chicken nuggets and taco stuff that you just have to heat up. But tonight I am making my first real dinner! I was going to make Tortellini in Alfredo sauce with chicken and peas, but I realized that meal is one that his mother makes often so I want to make my own! I'm just going to make Tortellini in Marinara sauce instead. Any suggestions on how to spice that up and make it not so boring? What would a good side dish be?

Favorite Answer

Hi...I'm Italian and I obviously often make tortellini and other things like ravioli...I suggest you to create something simple...Just put some olive oil in a pan and then, when it becomes warm (not too hot) put some ham (and then just let it brown with salt and a little bit of black pepper (2 minutes more or less)...Finally put some cream and cook for another 4 minutes...When the tortellini are ready, put them in the pan and melt everything...

If you want to create something harder you can put some peas and I advice you to prepair them before (in a pan with olive oil and onions) and then put them when the sauce is almost finished.

I'm sorry for my bad english :) Hope your boyfriend will enjoy

1

Source(s): Delicious Paleo Recipe Guide - http://PaleoCookbook.raiwi.com/?fJwC

Tortellini Side Dish

How about some summer squash or zucchini? A tiny bit of oil,onions, squash, garlic sauteed in a pan, maybe with some sweet red pepper for bits of color. Season it with "italian spices" unless you have some fresh herbs.

Or add some fresh tomatoes and it makes a good pasta sauce.

Oh and don't forget rule #1, give it a name, people will eat new foods if you give it a definitive name rather than just saying "squaaaash."

Great side dishes:

-Spinach sauteed in garlic & olive oil (with a few red chile flakes)

-Grilled eggplant with a splash of balsamic vinegar & olive oil

-Caprese salad ("Cah-pray-zee") -Sliced tomatoes layered with slices of fresh mozarella cheese and basil leaves. The dressing is simply basamic vinegar & olive oil

-An antipasto platter: Marinated mushrooms, grilled veggies: eggplant, peppers, marinated olives, Italian cold cuts & cheese.

Source(s): I'm a personal chef.

I definitely prefer fresh vegetables more. I don't like all the acid generally in most fruits.

Fruits are developed from the ovary in the base of the flower, and contain the seeds of the plant.

For the best answers, search on this site https://shorturl.im/avJOg

CAPRESE SALAD 2-3 ripe tomatoes 1 ball fresh mozzarella cheese fresh basil leaves, chopped extra virgin olive oil and balsamic vinegar Alternate slices of tomatoes & mozzarella cheese on a plate. Sprinkle with fresh chopped basil leaves; drizzle with olive oil & balsamic vinegar ___________________ Antipasto Appetizer Salad 1 jar (16 ounces) roasted sweet red pepper strips, drained 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, cubed 1 cup grape tomatoes 1 jar (7-1/2 ounces) marinated artichoke hearts, undrained 1 jar (7 ounces) stuffed olives, drained 1 can (6 ounces) pitted ripe olives, drained 1 teaspoon dried basil 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes Pepper to taste Toasted baguette slices In a large bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. Serve with baguette slices Artichoke Orzo Pilaf 1 medium leek (white portion only), chopped 1 cup uncooked orzo pasta 2 tablespoons olive or canola oil 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth 1 cup water 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning 1 can (14 ounces) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and chopped 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese In a nonstick skillet, saute leek and orzo in oil for 3 minutes or until leek is tender. Add the broth, water and Italian seasoning; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until liquid is absorbed. Stir in artichoke hearts and Parmesan cheese. Serve immediately. Baked Ratatouille 4 bacon strips, cut into 2-inch pieces 1 cup sliced onion 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained 1/3 cup tomato paste 1/4 cup olive oil 1 large garlic clove, minced 1 teaspoon salt 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning 1 large eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds), peeled and cubed 4 medium zucchini, sliced 1 large green pepper, cut into strips 8 to 12 ounces sliced Monterey Jack cheese In a large skillet, cook the bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp; drain. Stir in the tomatoes, tomato paste, oil, garlic, salt and Italian seasoning. Spread half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish. Layer with half of the eggplant, zucchini, green pepper and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 50-55 minutes or until hot and bubbly.

A good cheese and bread

salad