What is the connection between Celtic and Witches?

When searching the internet for information on Wicca I keep finding Celtic things as well. Now, as far as I know (and surely if I'm wrong I will find out soon enough) Celtic stuff is to do with Irish/Scottish clans and by golly, I'm decended from 3 of them and I'm not digging too far to find those 3,... show more When searching the internet for information on Wicca I keep finding Celtic things as well. Now, as far as I know (and surely if I'm wrong I will find out soon enough) Celtic stuff is to do with Irish/Scottish clans and by golly, I'm decended from 3 of them and I'm not digging too far to find those 3, there's probaby more so perhaps that explains my attraction to it. Further more if there is such a thing as White magic lore that would be lovely too. I suppose I'm interested in the type of magic that could be used for possitive reason such as healing physical and mental distress in others.
Update: Wow what amazing responses, thank you all so much, I will not be choosing a best answer, I can't possibly. It's great to have learned so much from you all and it makes me want to learn even more. You see, I am very interested in all things in the universe and my beliefs are so scattered I'm not sure anybody has... show more Wow what amazing responses, thank you all so much, I will not be choosing a best answer, I can't possibly. It's great to have learned so much from you all and it makes me want to learn even more. You see, I am very interested in all things in the universe and my beliefs are so scattered I'm not sure anybody has the same combination of views. I like that comment about old=good becuase in my book that applies to antiques ( I would always preffer an antique to a new of pretty much anything...OUTSIDE the dentists office ;) I love gramophones, wishing wells, antique sewing machines, steam trains...things built with pride and not made to break. When it comes to people however....I wont go there lol but I know I have some ancestory that was harsh because one of them was the Campbell clan and they're known for some issues that go beyond a salty soup. Cheers !