Is astrology satanic?

I mean I'm a Christian and I think it's perfectly fine to believe in it. But my grandma thinks it's satanic. Of course, she also thinks Harry Potter's satanic, so she's a little out there, haha. But then I heard someone at work mentioning it the other day. I mean, do people actually believe that astrology even comes close to something like worshipping the devil? I just considered it as a fun little past time....

Favorite Answer

Astrology is more than a fun little pastime to many. Astrology is our "life map" to help guide us through our lifetime. My grandma said that I was worshiping the devil too, so I understand your confusion.

All reference regarding astrology were taken out of the Bible many many centuries ago. Since then, anyone that studies astrology, or even make a prediction regarding astrological info, this is considered being a "false prophet" and is highly disdained in organized religions.

It is forgotten that Jesus was found by Three Wise Men that "followed a star" to find Our Savior. In those times there was no electricity so the skies were carefully watched and when certain planets moved through certain constellations, observations were made which hence, became known as astrology. Hated by organized religion. Hated by Christians.

There are times in life when "Silence is truly Golden." I have hidden my study of astrology from most people due to my living in the "Bible Belt" all of my life. And being a church pianist of 20 years, I can truly say that astrology is not welcome in the church. Not any church that I have attended. There are "New Age" churches that are not offended by ones looks, beliefs, and studies. The GLBT organization is welcome in these churches and I am thankful for that!

I have always said that you don't choose your church, the church chooses you. Had I not been a pianist I doubt anyone would have "asked" me to join their church. However, when these same people learned that I played piano, I was welcomed with open arms. Rather sad.

So no, astrology is not satanic. I have found that it is often best to keep your study of astrology private. Self-righteous Christians can be the worst about rebuking you for your sins. They seem to forget that they are sinners too. We all are in this together. But Christians haven't figured that out yet!

Hope this is helpful. Good luck and bless you from someone that loves astrology!

Source(s): 30 years studying astrology Which has helped me more Than any church ever did

Astrology may not be an exact science but I have never met a satanic astrologer. It's a fun thing as a hobby but don't get too involved with it. Not that it's satanic but you do not need the stars to tell you what to do with your life. You know what's best for you better than the astrologer. Invest your time and money elsewhere.

If you practice astrology, that is a violation of the First Commandment. No other gods, remember? Also the Hebrews in the bible did not practice astrology. It is considered an abomination.

There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter to pass through the fire, or that uses divination, an observer of clouds, or a fortune-teller, or a witch, or a charmer, or a consulter with familiar spirits, or a wizard, or one who calls to the dead. For all that do these things are an abomination to Jehovah. And because of these abominations Jehovah your God drives them out from before you. (Deuteronomy 18:10-12)

• tR@c!3

It has nothing to do with religion.

It's a belief that the stars and the universe have an effect on us depending on the time when we're born. It's not a worship of any kind, just a belief. It makes more sense to me than religion though...

Source(s): Pisces Sun Cancer Moon

No, it's not satanic. I'm a catholic, I mean I'm a devout religious catholic. And I believe in astrology... and I also love Harry Potter.

It's spiritual but not satanic. Just a fun thing to do

*Whipping one of her naked male servants to go get her more water... I mean blood*... No, there's nothing satanic in astrology.

no

its not

but

its a subject dealt with human lives.

its a practice of human lives.

it has its own importance in human believes.

its satanic because scorpios

• Shadow

Not really, but it is completely irrational.