Is it rape if you tell him to stop in the middle of sex?

Ok so i met this guy and didnt know him long and we ended up having sex. It happened twice and the second time it started to hurt in the middle of it so I told him to stop and he kept going. So I kept telling him to stop and told him no over and over and tried pushing him off. He told me to stop and just let it... show more Ok so i met this guy and didnt know him long and we ended up having sex. It happened twice and the second time it started to hurt in the middle of it so I told him to stop and he kept going. So I kept telling him to stop and told him no over and over and tried pushing him off. He told me to stop and just let it happen and started to hold me down. He put me into a position I couldnt get out of and all the while I told him to stop. I started hitting him and tried using my legs to get him off me. I was scared I started crying and for several minutes i struggled with him to get him off of me by trying to push him off with my legs and finally I was able to. He got mad that I pushed him off and that I was crying. He ended up saying sorry. And after a week we hung out and he tried to have sex with me again. I let it happen because I was afraid that if i said no again it would be just like the last time.
Well, I went home the next day and I googled the guys name to find out more about him and I found 2 web sites. They both said he had a warrant out for his arrest for failing to register as a sex offender since he moved. He is absconded which means he has been hiding/running and its been over 2 years since he registered in his new area. So I did call the sheriffs office and told him where he lived because its an active warrant for his arrest. So he is suppost to be getting arrested. He lied to me about his age, he has aliases and now Ive told my best friend what happened with him and she said its rape. I never reported it and it happened 2 weeks ago. I feel weird that I called and reported him to the sheriffs office and now my friend says I should report him to the police because he did in fact rape me. but im scared because im afraid he will know it was me. and we know alot of the same people and im just scared. its left me very depressed and i feel stupid that it happened. i just wonder if it is in fact rape since i told him to stop since it hurt and he held me down and i was crying and trying to get him off me and he kept trying to put me in a position i could not get out of and now ive called the cops on him for his warrant. it makes me sick to my stomach because he is a sex offender and i now understand why he did it. but it doesnt justify it. im just scared and idk what to do.
Update: so everyone says that it is and one person asked a lawyer and he said that it wasnt. but even if he is a previous sex offender it wouldnt have any kind of affect?? i would find that bull. i have looked it up with my friend and it says that even in the middle of the act that if you withdraw consent and tell them to... show more so everyone says that it is and one person asked a lawyer and he said that it wasnt. but even if he is a previous sex offender it wouldnt have any kind of affect?? i would find that bull. i have looked it up with my friend and it says that even in the middle of the act that if you withdraw consent and tell them to stop and you are physically forced into it then its rape. there is a line there. im starting to believe that it is rape because he held me down and got mad at me when i tried to fight him off. it scared the living daylights out of me. and i dont think men can understand what it is that i went through. its still scares me to think about it