Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 9 years ago

The best was to keep your hair shiny and bouncy?

My hairs a really light strawberry blonde and really curly, I like it, don't get me wrong it's just sort of dull at times, how can I get it shiny?? And more bouncy and less frizzy sometimes?? Thanks :D

Favorite Answer

Shiny & soft hair comes from your good genes, good hair care, & from all the healthy foods you eat from Mother Nature, not from a bottle, not made my man like John Frieda or supplements found @ GNC. Those products can only do more harm than good.. You'll get 12 responses, suggesting 12 different brands.

One method to make it look fuller, add body, tame the curls, bouncier, thicker, SEXIER, softer & shinier hair is to set your hair with plastic curlers (not Velcro) after you towel dry, you'll end up with uniform balance of curls. Blow dry briefly while curling them in curlers. Take them out, and finger comb to style. Used by the best hair color models, and the fashion industry, like Victoria Secret Fashion Show Dec. 2009, America's Next Top Models, EXPRESS, Dancing with the Stars, even used on Oprah's hair . . . . and continued to be used today where salons care about pampering your hair. When you see hair on TV a hair color commercial, they're not done by curling or straightening tools. Hair that shines like that and feels like hair, not hay, has to be done by the best hair tools available w/out damaging to the hair. When you take the curlers out, finger comb to style or lightly brush. Tousle the hair up. or shake your hair. You can use large, medium or small curlers, that depends on the length of your hair. Think of JLo's hair, she was voted as the Sexiest Woman by People magazine! That was my method, when my hair was 'abused' with chemicals. Look @ my hair now.

Have you seen Tucker McCall's hair in the Young & the Restless this week? His hair was set in curlers, then brushed, then hair sprayed. It's longer, that's the look of what healthy curly, no frizz hair looks like. Meaning EVEN GUYS style their hair like MODELS!

Washing less often, builds the natural oil your hair needs, to get them smoother, shinier, silkier, softer. Man-made products are just temporary, until you wash them again, and at the same time washing off the natural oil your hair NEEDS. Hair products just absorb on your hair if they're dry, like a sponge.

When you wash your hair with one of those nutrient-rich shampoos, most of the nutrients and active ingredients in the product don’t actually end up in your hair, they wind up down the drain… along with all the money you spent on the shampoo. It is HOW you use to style your hair or what styling tools that damage the hair, and what chemicals you're adding to the hair, not the shampoo.

If you've straightened your hair in the past, it may grow slowly or none at all.

Google: "Foods for Healthy Hair"

Growing healthy hair doesn't come from a bottle or pills and hair products do not speed hair growth. Any hair oil, is another form to keep hair moisturized, nothing more. If you're in HS, your hair & nails should be growing normally, and as healthily as possible, since you're eating healthy foods. But when hair isn't growing as fast, it's because they've been tampered with: chemicals, hair straightening, etc. . .

Cutting your split ends yourself, spend 5-10 mins. on a sunny day so you can easily spot them, using a 2" scissors, cut strand by strand, section by section, allowing new growth to take over. Then 2x a year, get a good hair cut. This won't speed things up, but it will make the hair look healthier while it's growing. Even healthy hair like mine get them, due to normal brushing & styling.

Best answer comes from people with Avatars, showing their healthy shiny, soft, silky, smooth hair.

Sources:

I know hair. I have over 4 decades of hair know-how. I have silky, shiny, soft, smooth very healthy hair down to my knees. Previously damaged by perming & dyeing in the 80's & 90's. I've known people in their 30's whose hair stopped growing from ironing their hair in the 70's.

indexed here are 5 suited shampoos for curly hair: a million. Pantene Hydrating Curls Shampoo helps revitalize curls and eliminates buildup and residue. It’s comfortable sufficient to apply on a on a daily basis foundation. 2. Aveda Be Curly Shampoo comfortable cleansing complements curl, combats frizz and boosts shine on curly or wavy hair. 3. Redken clean Curls Shampoo It situations, fights frizz and strengthens. Locks are left defined and tender. 4. Kerastase Bain Olao-Curl Curl Definition Shampoo for Dry, Curly Hair gently cleanses the hair fiber and leaves curls bright, supple and nourished. 5. TreSemme perfect Curls Shampoo This moisturizing formulation contains diet B1 and is sweet for those with curly or wavy hair. merely try diverse ones till you stumble on the best one :)

• John

Olive oil, it is one natures best medicines and does wonders for your skin and hair. And it does not leave your skin and hair greasy, which is what you would probably think at first.