What is the single most underrated movie of all time?

You can only pick one movie. Just one. If its not a problem, could you please include the year it was made in if it is lesser known?

I can name heaps of movies I find to be underrated, but I find 28 Weeks Later to be very underrated.

BQ: Favourite films starring Jared Leto?

Best Answer

The Fountain (Aronofsky)

BQ:

Panic Room (Fincher)

Requiem for a Dream (Aronofsky)

Source(s): From IMDB: In early 2002, writer/director Darren Aronofsky cast Brad Pitt and Cate Blanchett in the central leads of Tom and Izzi with a budget of $75 million. During pre-production, Pitt and Aronofsky were having major creative differences, so Pitt left to film Troy instead and the film was shut down, and the sets and props built in Australia were auctioned off. In early 2004, with a smaller budget of $35 million, Aronofsky cast Hugh Jackman as Tom and Rachel Weisz replaced Blanchett as Izzi. Warner Bros., who had invested 20 million dollars in the canceled version, agreed to finance the new, cheaper version. Don't get me wrong, I love this film. I just wander what could have been.
  • Maxine

That is a tough question, most of my favorite movies at least have a strong following. I guess I would have to say "Ghost in the Shell" I would call it underrated simply because it's an anime and people are probably not so inclined to take it seriously. However, it is a very thought provoking movie, and did inspire The Matrix. I've probably seen this movie the most because its complicated themes and short run time increase its re-watchability. EDIT: Holy sh*t, your most underrated movie is the movie I've been trying to find forever. I saw it on STARZ when I was young and thought it was awesome. Damn, what are the odds.

L.A. Confidential. Yes, people like the movie, but it had the misfortune of being released the same year as Titanic. That's a huge reason why it's underrated, because all of the accolades it deserved went to an overblown romance where everyone already knew the ship was going to sink.

BA: Fight Club. One of the best films of the '90s!

The Machinist 2004- its probably one of the most underrated movies EVER- but one of the best ive ever watched. Christian Bale did an amazing job in that film- again, probably one of his best performences i have seen out of all those amazing films hes done- and no doubt hes done alot of brilliant roles in movies. The film and Bale didnt receive the attention they deserved. Bale only won three 'Best Actor' awards for that film- he deserved way more. I beleive all together it only won 7 awards and 8 nominations. Please watch it if you havent, it turned about being one of my fave films ever- i couldnt recomend enough to you.

BQ: Fight Club, Lord of War, Panic Room or American Psycho is the ones im considering. But ill base this question on not what film i liked the best because then i would be choosing- Fight Club- but ill base it on what role i liked best of these three of my favorite films leto was in, and that is Lord of War. Ive just realised hes in so many good films, yet he hasnt got the attention he deserves yet.

I say Donnie Darko. I know it got good ratings but it deserves to at least be ahead of Inception in the top 250. It's more complicated and I can see it taking longer to think up than Inception. The acting is awesome and the plot is too. It's funny at times and I just don't see how its rating isn't in the '90s on rottentomatoes.

BQ: Panic Room and Fight Club.

Most underrated- The Beach (2002)

BQ: Requiem for a Dream

Arizona Dream (1993)

• Logan

American Psycho 2000, I am going with the Decade. this movie to me is great

BQ

Fight Club; Girl, Interrupted; Panic Room; American Psycho; Alexander; Requiem for a Dream; Lord of War, Mr. Nobody

Loved him in My so Called Life

She Mob (1968)

Source(s): bq: requiem for a dream

A Perfect World (1993)

BQ: Fight Club and Panic Room are probably my top two. Not a big Requiem guy.