He calls himself my bestfriend, but isnt acting like it, what can i do !?

long story short ( as short as I can, ill try) in 2008, i moved to a small town, and started high school in year 8. I caught a bus and made friends with a boy, Phil*. Phil went to a different high school, we were in the same year, in year 10 (2010) he changed to my school. we became bestfriend. sometimes the... show more long story short ( as short as I can, ill try)

in 2008, i moved to a small town, and started high school in year 8. I caught a bus and made friends with a boy, Phil*.
Phil went to a different high school, we were in the same year, in year 10 (2010) he changed to my school. we became bestfriend. sometimes the feelings were stronger than that, but we only stayed friends.
at the end of 2010 I moved to three hours away, he also moved (coincidence?) and now lives 30 minutes from me.
the school I go to is on campus, so i am only home on the weekends.
I barely see him, but when we see each other its like nothing has changed and we are still the same.
I talk to him over the internet and texting.

but thats the problem. whenever I try to talk to him on facebook, he doesnt reply, then says he never got my messages. Im not sure whether its the truth or not anymore.
He only talks to me whenever hes upset or has something to tell me. never just for a chat.
if i post on his wall he wont respond to it.
for example, I posted on his wall an hour ago, and he didnt reply. it was an upset message saying how much i missed him, etcc.
then about 10 mins ago, some other chick posted on his wall and he commented within three mintues.
it really upsets me because i feel left out, and i miss him so much, and he always says he missed me, but he doesnt show it !

Whenever i confront him about it and ask why he never answers me, I get a sob story saying his life is **** atm and hes a **** bestfriend and hes so sorry.
which makes me feel bad !! :(

this happens with texting too. i'll text him one day, then the next day i'll say hey and not get a relpy.

I dont know what to do. I want to organise to hang out with him, but he nevers answers me , so by the time the weekend comes its too late.
I dont want to cut him out of my life because I love him too much.

Also, ive had feelings for him in the past, and whenever he gets a new lady crush, i get jealous !
I feel so stupid when that happens cause I dont see him often enough to like him, and i dont. but i get so jealous and wish it was me :/

What can I do? I just miss him so much.