Dell inspiron 1525 blue screen/"Dell media direct"?

Last night I was using my cousins Dell laptop when I accidentally pressed the little button with the house on it and it took me to the "Dell media direct" screen. I tried to exit and it didn't let me. So I pressed the house button again and it didn't take me back. After now it loads the Dell media screen In black and white and goes to a blue screen telling me it stopped for some error. Ive looked online already and ive tried f12 I've tried to restart the whole laptop with going f8 and it still won't. My cousin said he said he doesn't have the CDs or anything (he's 11) and then he doesn't know whats wrong. (they bought the laptop online)

I don't know what happened so can someone help me and tell me now to get back to normal start up? Thanks.

Favorite Answer

* Insert Windows operating system installation disc.

* Click Start.

* Click Run.

* Type SFC /ScanNow.

* Press ENTER.

* Run Reginout registry scan.

* Fix the problems found in it.

Warning and error messages of any kind serve a good purpose because you can't detect all potential issues. Messages that highlight a significant problem and go above and beyond to alert you are even better. That is the "blue screen" in Windows. When something is critically wrong with the your PC, your entire display turns blue. However, some issues like corrupt drivers or outdated software do not necessitate complete disablement of your PC. You can disable blue screens in Windows so that you can manage the problem--without "the blue screen of death."

1

Click on "Start" or the Windows orb logo on the taskbar at the bottom of the desktop to show the Start menu. Select "Run" from the menu to open a dialog box. Type "sysdm.cpl" in the blank field labeled "Open," then click the "OK" button to open the "System Properties" box.

2

Click on the "Advanced" tab to bring it to the front of the box.

3

Click on "Settings" in the "Startup and Recovery" section.

4

Click to clear the check mark from the box next to "Automatically restart" in the "System failure" section.

5

Click "Restart" from the Start menu power options to see if the "Blue Screen" no longer appears the next to you boot up your PC.

• Sharon

call geek squad