Fallen for a gay friend of mine...?

One year ago, I wouldn't have even considered dating guys, but now, especially since hormones, things have changed a bit. I'm still asexual, but I think I've become more bi-romantic. We're both sophomores in college and have been great friends since we started last year, working together at the theater almost every day with school work and tech work, etc, etc. I just feel really comfortable with him and have been the most open with him about my transition, including the starting to develop feeling for guys, which I felt he could relate best too (even more than my straight female friends).

But it's just a whole medley of emotions for me right now, and I know he'd understand my attraction and all, but throwing that I'm mtf in the very early stages of transitioning just makes this that much more complicated.

I just don't know what to do. This is all so new to me. The simple answer is that we'd never be together, and I can live with that, and I'm actually fine with that, but it's the nagging feeling, the butterflies, the calmness, that I can't get over, don't want to get over.

Is there anything I can do to get my mind off of it?