Why don't homeless people just join the army?

I was thinking about what I would do if I ever became homeless and then it hit me, joining the army is a good solution. It gets you off the street, you get paid, and when you're done serving, you get extra perks. Hell, I'd rather get yelled at by a drill Sargent than beg cold New Yorkers for spare change.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    8 years ago
    Best Answer

What everybody else said plus you need to know that roughly 25% of the homeless are veterans.

• 8 years ago

If somebody like you or me became homeless because the house burned down from being struck by lightning the same day you lost your job due to downsizing and you didn't have any relatives to more in with that scenario would make perfect sense.

Many people are homeless because of alcohol or drug abuse, and severe psychological illnesses.

Source(s): medic NCO
  • 8 years ago

Sad Fact:-

Many of the homeless are military veterans.

• 8 years ago

Mainly becasue by the time someone is homeless, they are usually too old to join the Service.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

because the army doesn't take 55 year old homeless women

• 8 years ago

The Army wouldn't take most of them.

• 8 years ago

Because not everyone sees the same things that you do. Simple as that.

• 8 years ago

they are not fiit. do not have HS diploma or GED. most homeless people have physical issues.

• 8 years ago

Many are too old, many have criminal records, many lack the education requirements.

• 8 years ago

The army won't take them if they're old...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.