Is it possible to trade stocks with yourself?

Say you had two brokerage accounts and wanted to transfer the stocks (and more importantly cash) from the big money account to another account, without going through the ACATS process. As for why someone would want to do that, I am not going to go into that here. It does not matter why. Here's my... show more Say you had two brokerage accounts and wanted to transfer the stocks (and more importantly cash) from the big money account to another account, without going through the ACATS process. As for why someone would want to do that, I am not going to go into that here. It does not matter why.

Here's my idea:

Find an obscure OTCBB stock or out of the money option with no reasonable asks. From the empty account put in a sell offer at an insanely high price, or alternatively just a couple cents below the moderately-insane ask. Perhaps in after hours trading. Then you go into your big money account and buy it at the inflated prices if you can positively identify your lot sitting there.

What are the flaws of this idea?

Obviously there's an element of risk in that someone else could place a sell order for a lower price during those few seconds it takes. Ways to deal with that I guess. Other than that the real problem would be able to just find the appropriate stocks or options with zero liquidity.

Thoughts?
Update: JoeyV: It may very well be "idiotic", but if it's idiotic it has nothing to do with T+3 nor commissions. I have to disagree with your statement, "if you have any reason to do this, it's because you haven't thought very hard about the reasons" There are PLENTY of good reasons. I did not say those reasons were... show more JoeyV: It may very well be "idiotic", but if it's idiotic it has nothing to do with T+3 nor commissions. I have to disagree with your statement, "if you have any reason to do this, it's because you haven't thought very hard about the reasons"

There are PLENTY of good reasons. I did not say those reasons were legal. Nor am I asking if they are. I am simply asking if it is reasonably possible.
Update 2: Yeah I can see where the answer trend is going, so I'll have to add the following clarifying tidbit. (I'd like to keep the question itself "on the level" though. Currently it is.) The reason someone might hypothetically want to do this would be: It is simply not _possible_ or not desireable to do an in-kind... show more Yeah I can see where the answer trend is going, so I'll have to add the following clarifying tidbit. (I'd like to keep the question itself "on the level" though. Currently it is.)

The reason someone might hypothetically want to do this would be: It is simply not _possible_ or not desireable to do an in-kind transfer. Could be a lien, probate issue, would trigger substantial penalties, you name it. Use your imagination.

None of this is in the spirit of the original question and only serves to get this question that much closer to being yanked.
Update 3: --- What's really sad is that I saw the best answer ever, and I don't remember the guy's name but he sure answered the question. Then suddenly it was GONE. Either Yahoo canned it, or the gentleman decided to erase it himself. He knows who he is. I'm going to say thanks right now to that answer. show more ---

What's really sad is that I saw the best answer ever, and I don't remember the guy's name but he sure answered the question. Then suddenly it was GONE. Either Yahoo canned it, or the gentleman decided to erase it himself. He knows who he is.

I'm going to say thanks right now to that answer.