Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Where can i buy some SNOW?

I live in Melbourne and i go snowboarding about 2 or 3 times a year which just isnt enough.

I was wondering if there was anywhere where i could order some snow to get it delivered to me or buy a snow making machine or ANYTHING wher i can snowboard on it.

I want the type of snow which i can lay down on my grass on a cold day and pretty much snowboard on it.. You might be wondering why i would want to do that and how would i get speed.

I would have to build a ramp and and build a rail to make it more fun but once again..

WHERE can i get some SNOW??

Favorite Answer

During the Summer I have a very nice way of getting some free snow to shred, that will last you a day or so. What you do is you go to your local ice rink and after they groom the ice or whatever the Zamboni has snow in it that they just dump outside. So we go out with a little pickup, put a tarp in the back, and shovel all of the snow into truck and take it to a friends house. Do note that it is not a lot of snow, you don't carve on it really just make a run, small jump then a jib to hit and a bit of snow at the end to stop on.

Another thing you can do is use green grass carpet then do the same thing as the snow, make a drop in, little jump, then a jib to hit, and cover all of that except the jib with the carpet then soap and water it down to make it run nice and smoothly.

Both of those options don't really let you have a full run in and carve, but they are a nice way to keep a bit of your park skills up in the summer for little to no cost to you. Have fun and happy shredding!

there is a website called snow in seconds that you can look up that sells snow that you can actually lay down and snowboard on it. They are selling for about 5 dollars a bag which is not that expensive, I believe with a little under a 100 dollars you will have enough to play wiht

Go to an ice rink with a pickup and some shovels and grab some of the snow that they have there from the zamboni. Theyre usually happy to get rid of it

Source(s): summer rail jams are fun

Check out the Woodward 'Barn' and see if you can get that material. I'd even call them and ask what they're using.