Handwritten or typed notes for school?

So, I just got a spanking new MacBook Pro for school. Usually, I use notebooks to take handwritten notes in, but I'm wondering whether I should switch to typing out all of my notes.

I definitely type faster than I write. I usually miss things when I write, and my notes tend to get rather sloppy when I rush. At least with type written notes everything will be neater and I'll be able to catch more. Plus, having my laptop with me during school will mean that I can type my homework at school as opposed to having to wait until I get home to do it.

My fear is that if something messes up with my computer, I'll lose all my notes. I only really plan to take notes for Science, English, and History. Do you think it's worth typing notes in those classes?

What do you personally prefer and why? I'm skeptical and I'm not sure what to choose.

Best Answer

i type all my notes (except for math and chem) if you're worried about a technical malfunction, just keep a USB key with you and save all files to both the hard drive and the portable storage. AND email the files to yourself just to be extra careful.. typing is definitely the way to go :)

• Funny you ask this question. Just a day or 2 ago, I saw an advert for one of the pads that are out there now days, and it mentioned taking notes on them. At the time, I thought how wonderful it would have been to have one of them when I was at university. I know my handwritten notes were frequently illegible when I tried to study from them because I was trying to hand write so much down in so little time before the prof went on to something else I needed to write down. So my notes were basically incomplete and illegible. LOL. I would have loved to have had a way to type them in class like that.

How about hand writing your notes, and then re write them on the computer? Or you can make a back-up Cd or something with your notes..

Typed is a good idea. But if you take any math you're gonna have to write that stuff out most likely. Use a flash drive for backup.

Source(s): college student
  • turley

i think of u could variety it out because of the fact if u have been given a scholarship it fairly is something specific and mind-blowing and super many times and that i think of that that's going to be greater professionally because of the fact u does not prefer to get a handwritten word and not have the skill to study it except u write neat so relies upon yet i might variety it out

i would personally would type, my handwriting sucks, and the computer is way more organized

Make sure you save your notes on a flash drive or something, or you can save in the notepad

and it would be fun to show off, like i can type my words while you have to write, and you can show off your mac and computer

sounds like it would be easier for you to type

I think you should type your notes.

• Type em, then save important stuff to your email drafts or something so you don't lose it.

as long as you can pass the f-ing note .. what does it really matter??

typed.

i can do it faster and my hand writing is terrible