Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsHockey · 8 years ago

Sidney Crosby leaving Pens?

Do you think there is any chance that the Sidster will ever leave Penguins?

Which players in the NHL history have sticked to only one team for their whole career?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 8 years ago
    Favorite Answer

Sidney Crosby obiously wants to be a Penguin, if he didnt he wouldnt have signed a long term extension after his entry level contract expired.

Theres been rumours that Crosby was interested in going to Montreal (his favourite team) once his ELC was expired, but alas that never happened instead he chose to remain with the pens until July 1st 2014 (making him 27)

I have this vibe Crosby will be a penguin forever Pl,ayers these days tend to sign big contracts (8-12 years) and I think everyone can assume Crosby will sign a contract in that ball park (making him close to 40 when it expires).

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Considering that Sid's in his prime, Pits will never even consider trading him now or in the future

Interestingly however I think it would be a totally different perspective should Crosby pick up a severe concussion / injury in the near future. Considering hes just overcome last seasons woes, he was sorely missed alongside Malkin. I could see him bring traded if Sid treaded along the lines of a career ending injury, and other teams took the risk of acquiring a future hall of famer.

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

Martin Brodeur

Joe Sakic (Quebec became Colorado)

Steve Yzerman

Mario Lemieux

Maurice Richard

Henri Richard

Jean Beliveau

Niklas Lidstrom

Mike Bossy

Stan Mikita

Denis Potvin

That's what I can think of

• Anonymous
    8 years ago

I think Pittsburgh would do anything to keep him so I wouldn't worry about losing him, he is their golden child. Also the man who is his mentor and helped him transition into the NHL world stayed with the Penguins for his whole career, so it would be a safe bet to assume he will be with the Penguins for a while.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Snid
    Lv 7
    8 years ago

Has sticked? Seriously?

I doubt Sid will ever leave the Penguins.

Steve Yzerman played his entire career with the Red Wings. He also has the record (so far) for being the captain the longest.

• 3 years ago

It became suggested that talks have been going properly and thad Sid needs to verify adult males like Malkin and J. Staal are taken take care of the destiny, it is to establish that the group keeps to be stable for an prolonged time.

• Unlikely, although in a few years he will be a UFA (his current deal has another 2-3 seasons on it). I highly doubt PIT would not re-sign him well before free agency begins on July 1st.

• Jarome Iginla

Nicklas Lidstrom

Rick Nash

and no, he will never leave the Pens

• 8 years ago

anything is possible it could come one day during the last year of his contract if he says that he wants to test free agency then it only makes sense to trade him and get something but none of us know what he is thinking about so its tough to say

mario lemieux

steve yzerman

nik lidstrom

martin brodeur

dont know anyone else off the top of my head

• 8 years ago

considering he is young still 24 years old and so there is a chance

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.