Public domain radio/tv stations?

I just found my old 3.5mm male headhone jack thing that broadcasts the sound onto the radio (channels 85.3fm or something like that) and i was wondering if this was like a public domain frequency, are you only allowed to sent short singals are could you broadcast an entire radio station on it?,also whatever the... show more I just found my old 3.5mm male headhone jack thing that broadcasts the sound onto the radio (channels 85.3fm or something like that) and i was wondering if this was like a public domain frequency, are you only allowed to sent short singals are could you broadcast an entire radio station on it?,also whatever the anwser it is does it apply to TV (channel 3&4 (or others?)) or remotes?
Update: I am aware that there only used for personal use but would it be legal to broadcast on them with a powerful signal?
Update 2: Ok! I want to know if somehow I increased the power of the tiny transmitter or built a bigger one would it be legal?,where would i find out?, Also I live in canada were just starting to switch from analog television