any blues rock suggestions?

i really like blues rock & i know alot of bands/artists. can u name any i might like?

bands i know:

Cream/Eric Clapton

Led Zeppelin

Allman Brothers

Stevie Ray Vaughan

The Black Crows

Fleetwood Mac

CCR

ZZ Top

George Thorogood

John Mayall & the bluesbreakers

Yardbirds

whitesnake

Jimi Hendrix

i forgot the word more, my bad

• Best Answer

I can literally name two "Moore" you should check out ...

Try Gary Moore (from Thin Lizzy ... just about anything solo) and Ian Moore (try Muddy Jesus). You may also like Jon Butcher Axis (try If Wishes Were Horses). You might like Eric Johnson, especially appearences on Austin City Limits. You need to give the bluesier Rolling Stones tunes a chance as well. Early Fleetwood Mac with Peter Greene might entice you (try Oh Well). Try The Animals (House of the Rising Sun is required ... also We Got To Get Out of this Place, When I Was Young, etc). You probably already know about Blind Faith (with Clapton ... try Can't Find My Way Home). Also anything with Steve Windwood, such as Spencer Davis Group (try Gimmee Some Lovin, I'm A Man, etc).

You'd also like early AC/DC (Night Prowler and Ride On) which were heavy blues rock inspired as well as Rush's first album (Before and After, Working Man, Finding My Way, etc). Early Aerosmith was very bluesy ... try their remake of Train Kept a Rollin' (Yardbirds). It rocks!

Almost forgot Mountain and Leslie West! Mississippi Queen, Nantucket Sleigh Ride and Young Girls are classics.

You might also like George Thoroughgood & the Destroyers (Bad to the Bone, Blue Highway, I Drink Alone, etc). Joe Walsh and/or James Gang (Walk Away, Life's Been Good to Me, Rocky Mountain Way, etc). And if you like Jimi and CCR, don't forget about Janis (Joplin), try Move it on Over, Cry Baby, Take a Little Piece of My Heart and her standards.

I keep coming back to edit this as ideas pop in my head (sorry). You should definitely try out Carlos Santana (and "Santana"). Black Magic Woman is a must hear. Also, you might like early Journey and Neil Schon was a young guitar prodigy that left Santana for Journey. Even when Steve Perry joined the band, they kept a bluesy feel for a while (Lights, Walks Like a Woman, Lovin' Touchin' Squeezin', City of the Angels, etc).

Grateful Dead

Joe Walsh

Bad Company

The Eagles

Savoy Brown

Free

Blind Faith

Johnny Winter

The Doobie Brothers

The Animals

Canned Heat

Jethro Tull

Ten Years After

Jeff Beck Group

Mountain

David Wilcox

Humble Pie

The Border Surrender

Leaf Hound

Cactus

Steamhammer

Groundhogs

The Human Instinct

Well, you already listen to a load of great bands, I saw Black Spiders at Sonisphere and they're about the best hard rock band to come out in a while of course they do the blues rock thing, but give them a try.

• kieran

look up Guthrie Govan, Larry Carlton, and Robben Ford. great blues guitarists that bring in some fusion.

• duncan

right here is a few of my songs interior the a hundred and forty-a hundred and fifty bpm selection for quicker east coast swing. Down South in New Orleans via the final Waltz Ensemble Loves Me Like a Rock via Paul Simon I Do My Drinkin' on the Weekends via Teresa James extra On Up the line via Eric Clapton Thrill on the Hill via Bonnie Bramlett Juke via Kim Wilson US Blues via grateful ineffective Born in Chicago via Tom Petty Eennie Meennie Miny Moe via trip Band Promised Land via The final Waltz Ensemble Cotton Fields via Creedence Clearwater Roadrunner via the popular enthusiasts the guts of Rock and Roll via Huey Lewis enable's communicate it Over via Willie and the damaging Boys Soul Shake via Steve Bassett Scuffin' via Charlie Musslewhite something's have been given A carry On Me via Etta James The house music via Tom Petty Ain't That Lovin' You toddler via Bonnie Bramlett The Breakup music via Greg Kihn Smokestack Lightning via Fiona Boyes Empty hands via Stevie Ray Hip to Be sq. via Huey Lewis Gimmie some Lovin' via West end Orchestra Blues power via Eric Clapton Are you waiting For Me via the 5 Heartbeats The Creeper via James Cotton Band Shake it via the hot Iberians