Christians, how come despite fact you choose to believe in the story of creation instead of evolution?

It is a fact that evolution happened. They have the bones of dinosaurs and evidence like that. How come Christians believe God created humans first. It's a fact we evolved from gorillas. I believe in God but I don't believe in God created us in seven days...

Yeah how do they explain the universe too?

Favorite Answer

"It is a fact that evolution happened"

>Actually, that's an opinion. It takes faith to believe in evolution, just like it takes faith to believe in God. Evolution has many missing pieces.

"They have the bones of dinosaurs and evidence like that."

>Someone before me said this, but I want to repeat it. Bones of dinosaurs are not evidence of evolution, they are evidence that dinosaurs once existed.

"How come Christians believe God created humans first."

>Actually we don't. God created animals before humans. That's in the bible.

Genesis 1:20Then God said, “Let the waters teem with swarms of living creatures, and let birds fly above the earth in the open expanse of the heavens.” 21 God created the great sea monsters and every living creature that moves, with which the waters swarmed after their kind, and every winged bird after its kind; and God saw that it was good. 22 God blessed them, saying, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the waters in the seas, and let birds multiply on the earth.” 23 There was evening and there was morning, a fifth day.

24 Then God said, “Let the earth bring forth living creatures after their kind: cattle and creeping things and beasts of the earth after their kind”; and it was so. 25 God made the beasts of the earth after their kind, and the cattle after their kind, and everything that creeps on the ground after its kind; and God saw that it was good.

26 Then God said, “Let Us make man in Our image, according to Our likeness; and let them rule over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the sky and over the cattle and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.”

See? Humans don't come until after animals.

"It is a fact we evolved from gorillas"

>Were you there? I don't think so. While there may be so-called evidence to support this claim, there's also evidence against it. So it's actually an opinion.

"I believe in God but I don't believe in God created us in seven days"

>So basically you believe that there is a God, but that the bible is a lie?

"Yeah how do they explain the universe too?"

>How do evolutionists explain the universe? Well it started with a big bang which somehow created order & life.

>How do creationists explain the universe? God created everything.

So as you can see, it takes faith to believe in both. Even if scientists claim to have proof for evolution, until they can prove that life can come from no life, there beliefs are still just a theory.

Next time, please do your research before asking a question like this.

God created humans last according to Genesis so it is not clear why you say that Christians believe God created humans first. It is not a "fact" that we evolved from gorillas; it's not even what the Theory of Evolution says. There is however a growing body of genetic evidence which contradicts the theory that humans share a common ancestor with gorillas. That's why I am a creationist.

You say you believe in God. Is the God in whom you believe able to create anything in seven days? How about 6 days? Can your God create anything at all?

Well, for one, God created everything in six days and not seven; God rested on the seventh day.

Secondly, evolution is not fact. It is a theory pushed upon you in school when you are young so you have no choice but to accept it because that is what the World teaches.

If Evolution was true than where are all the "true" transitional species?

Where are the half giraffe half something else type creatures?

Where are the half elephant half something else type animal bones?

Where are the half lion half something else remains?

Right now the theory of evolution can only make "general" assumptions, and connections. In other words pointing to fish with feet is not proof of a true transitional species. All life can have common traits because it was created by one designer (i.e. God).

In fact, there is one message being taught by the World (which is under the control of the Devil); and another message being taught by God within His Holy Word (i.e. the Bible). Veritably if you were to just look at the message of worldly movies, books, and music, you would see that it is very close to how the Devil thinks (Which runs contrary to God and the Bible).

Therefore, the choice basically boils down to whether or not you want to trust in the ways of this World or God.

...

Could you offer some of this "fact"?

The bones of dinosaurs aren't facts about evolution. They merely mean we have bones of dinosaurs. The same bones for both creationists and evolutionists.

It's also not a fact that we evolved from Gorillas. Read carefully, no one will tell you that. The evolutionary idea is of common ancestor, not evolved from Gorillas. You're share DNA 50% with a banana, but you're not a banana.

Belief in God is nice, but it's better to follow God.

PS - Creationism also has a rational explanation for the creation of the universe. Evolution doesn't.

Not all Christians believe in creationism. They believe that God initially created the Universe, but also accept the theory of evolution.

Fundamentalist Christians mistakenly treat the Bible as a science book because they believe that it is 100% literally true. God intended the Bible to be a guide to living a better life; many of its stories are metaphorical, including the Creation story in Genesis. If Fundamentalists accept that the Creation story is a metaphor instead of the literal truth, they believe that their religious system will come tumbling down.

Ok first off it would be logical to conclude that If MACRO evolution was in fact, true history.. We should be finding MILLIONS of these "missing links" all over the world but.. there are none.. Sure people have claimed to have found them but they have turned out to be hoax's. Sure they have a few real bones but how in the world can they prove they are a missing link? One thing that makes me sick- in my friend's public school biology book the only missing links shown have been proven to be fraud!! Going from memory here but I remember lookin at those dumb pictures an artist drew out of a pigs tooth and.. a jaw bone I believe.. If someone has a "new" link please inform me.. I would like to check it out. Man I could fill this whole darn page up that is just a quick summary of one of many holes in macro evolution. But consider this.. why are we finding fossils on the tops of mountains all around the world that supports evidence of a world wide flood.. Random fact (of course you won't hear anything about this from the media..) The Bible is THE most accurate history book in the world!! Archeologists have dug up many artifacts that fit straight into the story's of the Bible. *Quote= Additional Details

Yeah how do they explain the universe too?* Jeez man it is MUCH more rational to believe that God created the universe out of nothing rather than the universe just created itself out of nothing!!

LOL I laugh at how ludicrous it is that adults in the world teach kids from in school nowadays that they are an accident, if it feels good do it, you are an animal that evolved with no fundamental values.. There is No solid definition between right and wrong. Is it any wonder we have kids doing horrendous things they never did 50 years ago when Biblical principles were taught in schools?

HERE'S WHAT IT COMES DOWN TOO: because "men love darkness rather than light because their deeds are evil" Some people dont want to be held accountable for their actions so they will cling to anything but the truth!! If you truly want to know the truth about life step back and take an unbiased approach, I challenge you to diligently search the evidence for creation side by side with macro evolution. don't listen to other peoples opinions If you are earnestly looking for the truth you will find it..

Source(s): Check out answersingenesis.com Bible

I am Christian, and I do have some belief in the theory of evolution.

However the theory of evolution is just that, a theory. It is a common misconception that evolution is a fact, it is BACKED by science fact, but this does not mean it is true. This is why scientists still continue to search for solid proof that evolution is a fact.

Evolution is a good theory, yet please don't be one of those biased people who will look down upon someone just because of their beliefs. I am a christian yet I can accept the fact that evolution may be true.

Don't get sucked into mainstream science, 500 years ago people thought the universe revolved around Earth just as firmly as you believe in evolution. Try to have an open mind :)

Source(s): Me

First of all we did not come from gorillas, even in evolutionary theory. Second, it is not a "fact" since no one was around to record the process, it is an inference based on evidence. I will admit that evolution happens, I dispute the idea that the plurality of live arose because of evolution.

Suggest you study up to date science! Evolution happens but not across species. No evidence exists to support evolution from gorillas to man. This is a fallacy created by atheists. Creation of the world in seven days is not impossible and is easier to believe than alternative and unproven alternative ideas.

Most of the world population believe in God, why not believe his word? He must know more than your so called science teacher!

Source(s): Theater

It seems that evolution is the only other way to you. That's a part of the reason. Whether my God is true or not, you wont consider that the theory of evolution is antiquated. There is another theory, Intelligent Design. But you wont, despite fact and overwhelming odds, consider it a part of the debate. I decided that there was a Designer. I thought that it made perfect sense, not like the ToE, which is still hoping in abiogenesis and "simple cells". You're the one who is ignoring the facts. But you would have to fall off the bandwagon to believe it.