New/Unknown/Modern Progressive Rock/Metal bands..?

Yesterday's question.. well, didn't go well. I got a few people thinking 'Linkin Park', 'Red Hot Chili Peppers', etc., were progressive rock. I DON'T WANT ALTERNATIVE ROCK, unless it's similar as hell to progressive rock or metal. NO GROWLING. (Opeth - that means you.) Dead end... show more Yesterday's question.. well, didn't go well. I got a few people thinking 'Linkin Park', 'Red Hot Chili Peppers', etc., were progressive rock. I DON'T WANT ALTERNATIVE ROCK, unless it's similar as hell to progressive rock or metal.

NO GROWLING. (Opeth - that means you.)

Dead end in my road for searching for new progressive rock and metal.

I know I ask this a lot. Don't point this out. Thanks.

Bands I already listen to and adore.. so, try to suggest bands similar to these.
--
Abigail's Ghost, Aeon Zen, Age of Nemesis, Allen Lande, Andromeda, Angra, Anthriel, Ayreon, Baroness, Beardfish, The Dear Hunter, Discipline, Dream Theater, Echolyn, Fair to Midland, FramePictures, Glass Hammer, Haken, Hourglass, Izz, Jordan Rudess, Karmakanic, Karnivool, Liquid Tension Experiment/Trio, Magic Pie, The Mars Volta, Mechanical Poet, Mind's Eye, Mind Key, Moon Safari, Pathosray, Pendragon, Phideaux, The Pineapple Thief, Planet X, Porcupine Tree, Rick Wright, Riverside, Roger Waters, RPWL, Seventh Wonder, Shadow Gallery, Slough Feg, Souljourners, Spock's Beard, Subsignal, Sun Caged, Symphony X, Time Requiem, Tomorrow's Eve, Transatlantic, Vision Divine, Waterclime.

Please don't recommend the pioneers of the genre, such as: YES, Pink Floyd, Hawkwind, King Crimson, Genesis, Jethro Tull, etc.. I've heard most/all of them, and I thoroughly enjoy them, but right now I'm looking for modern progressive rock/metal.

You can also provide me with a website so I can explore top-rated progressive rock/metal's newest releases.. or explore the reviews of said genre. Anything is useful, really.

I already know of progarchives and digitaldreamdoor.
12 answers 12