How would you convince a foreign friend to visit the Philippines for the first time?

Assume that you are talking to a decent person, not one who is into sex tourism

Favorite Answer

It's simple. Just show them some pictures of the places I have been. The nice beach resorts and restaurants. Tell them that they would be spending a fraction of the cost of other places to stay in a first class place. Let them know most people here are friendly, hospitable and speak a decent amount of english.

Source(s): Had many visitors come here from the states. They always return. USN Retired, Married and living in the Philippines since 2002.
  • J@ps

I have done that alot of times already.

The irony is that at least a dozen foreigners I have had the pleasure and opportunity to talk to through the years since I have been living abroad have upon learning I am a Filipino (a few knew right away) have just started opening up to me like an old friend and started telling me of all their happy memories of living or visiting the Philippines and how they will be coming back or at least yearn to come back. Many times I couldn't even get a word in. What could I do but just patiently listen.

Many visitors to the islands have a lot of fond memories, of course the rest have had experiences they would rather soon forget. But these things happen anywhere you are in the world. Everybody just have to be more vigilant and take all the necessary precautions.

• byrd

The Philippines use to be an best buddy of the united statesA. Now they undesirable mouth the united statesA. each and every hazard they get. they're now no longer buddies of the united statesA. they use the united statesA. they're attempting to kiss as much as China and that i'm hoping whilst China starts calling interior the favors they have given to the Philippines they'll enable the rustic to be autonomous because of the fact the U.S. did. in certainty on the 2nd the Philippines desires the U.S. better than the U.S. desires the Philippines. The U.S. would not could have a base interior the Philippines any further using long variety planes and missiles. The Philippines does little to combat international terrorism they won't be able to even administration terrorism of their very own united states of america. many human beings that commemorate the U.S. and Philippines dating from international conflict II desire our friendship replaced into as reliable because it replaced into the comparable, yet worry whilst we are all long gone the greater youthful technology interior the U.S. won't provide crap for the Philippines. Getting kicked interior the tooth gets old after a whilst even for us older persons.

You said "FRIEND". Then if he is truly your friend, he will believe you when you say the Philippines is a good tourism destination. Your friend should believe you when you tell them about the mountains, rivers, waterfalls, and beaches. And that we have world class malls. You must balance the story with reality to make sure your friend will not think you are pulling his leg. After all, the Philippines is not Utopia.

• NerDy

I have had no trouble. My foreign friends have either come to the Philippines or are eagerly awaiting their chance to visit.

Why easy? I studied for 2 years in Vienna and my classmates and I would tour Europe when on a break, and met their friendsand friends of friends. My circle of friends expanded and we get to talk a lot thru facebook, even after I returned. My classmates knew the Philippines from my stories. They see the Philippines thru photos I post on facebook. They see Makati, Glorietta, Greenbelt, the out of town places I go to. They even comment on the fb photos "where is this beautiful place" when they see photos of Laiya, of Banaue and of Plantation Bay in Cebu. I never tricked them into believing the Philippines is a first world country. I told them about the slums and ghettos. I told them that the majority is poor, and there are millions who are homeless. I tell them of my sentiments about the inefficient bureaucracy.

Yet they still come. With many more coming. In the end, I think they know that I love it here in spite of those negatives, and conclude there must be something in the Philippines that makes me want to live here. Especially since they know, from our earlier conversations, that my family just migrated to the Philippines when I was very young. And have called this country my home.

Just like any country, there are a lot of places that you can show to encourage them to visit. The thing is, there are a lot of beautiful places in the Philippines that can only be seen in the provinces. However, there are a lot of things to do in Manila.

Research on DiscoverPH.com

http://discoverph.com/out-and-about/activity-to-do...

Source(s): www.discoverph.com

By telling them the true facts & recommending a few web sites to visit so they can make up their own mind.

Blogs like yours are a useful tool in showcasing Philippines.

As a visitor myself I have described Philippines and shown pictures to my friends and coworkers. So simple word of mouth is very effective.

Philippines like many other places in not perfect but it still has so very many good things it should and could be a world class tourist destination someday.

Source(s): PPP your rant has been reported.

Thru facebook. My friends see photos of me and my friends, and they can conclude we are not all Smokey Mountain.

Bring pictures and talk about your experiences