Mr. Wolf asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 10 years ago

President Obama has signed over $1 trillion in tax cuts into law so how much in tax increases has he signed?

$801 billion package of tax cuts in “the tax relief unemployment insurance re-authorization and job creation act of 2010.”

$288 billion in tax breaks to individuals and businesses in the stimulus bill.

$12 billion in tax cuts in the small-business jobs bill

Total $1.101 trillion in tax cuts

(please state the name of the bill and amount)

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 10 years ago
    Favorite Answer

That's where the hypocrisy about taxes come in. Anyone against Obama states the taxes are too high. He actually cut taxes and only wants to raise taxes on the wealthy top 1%. And, he passed on that opportunity. So, basically he should be a well liked President for those who want to keep taxes low.

• Boober
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Food and fuel are up (which is an indirect "tax" on us), due to the monetizing of the debt (printing money). I don't remember which bill that was, but it was signed some time around the end of last year.

I don't tan, but there is a 10% tax on tanning salons, and who knows what else is taxed in the health care bill, that is until we happen across it. My health insurance premiums went up, as told by my employer, due to the new health care bill, partly because of elimination of pre-existing condition clauses, and also the increased coverage of dependents to age 26.

• axe
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

the tea/gop party politicians are currently preventing the expiration of the tax cuts for the wealthy, and was also stated by s&p as a reason for the credit downgrade, an expiration of these tax cuts would bring in needed revenue, this could help with the budget but would be a direct violation of the tea/gop goal of opposing obama (their number one stated goal was to make obama a one term president)

• Anonymous
    10 years ago

My middle class taxes, both income and SS have gone down a few points.

But.. not to be a wet blanket.. the SS reduction was on the backs of todays seniors not getting a COL adjustment.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 10 years ago

It depends.

Are people who don't get the mandated health care going to be taxed or penalized?

Printing more and more money is a backdoor tax. It reduces the value of the money we already have.

• 10 years ago

oil police help negate costs nothing citizens just use bill of rights to raid car companies.

oe green uniforms supplied by donation or un or whoever.

Source(s): oil police. bill of rights.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    10 years ago

Just around 0 tax increases. Not that we NEED them (sarcasm, if you can't tell).

Source(s): @Reality Has A Liberal Bias: Factual enough?
  • Anonymous
    10 years ago

LMAO the republicans care enough to stop your lord messiah from raising taxes!!!! But still you FAIL because most of what you listed were House republican plans that your 57 state visiting messiah agreed to!!! Look it up and face the FACTS!!!!

The stimulus went to many phantom districts,.....FAIL AGAIN!!!!

• 10 years ago

the government doesn't have to create any new taxes as long as they can borrow the money to pay for the excessive spending. The next generation will have to pay the taxes

• 10 years ago

0%. The same goes for the gun situation, but gun dealers will tell you he is going to take them away.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.