chris clark asked in SportsBoxing · 9 years ago

Ok i just bought punching bag and hung it up and i would like tips ect...?

ok i know how to hit it and does it build alot of moucle? and tips anything i gatta know??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 9 years ago
    Favorite Answer

BillBoxing has real good suggestions. Look on youtube for Heavy bag workouts and videos explaining technique

• 9 years ago

Chris..................I assume you're talking about a new heavy bag. Right ? Well, you can work the bag like you would an opponent. Working the full 3 minutes of a round, circle the bag, jabbing, right cross, body punches, combinations and don't hit the bag as it swings straight back toward you. Wear good bag gloves with velcro closure strap for easy on/off use. Wear hand wraps underneath. Keep working the 3 minute rounds in this manner and get use to hitting the bag and not turning your wrist.

Another good method is to stand in front of the bag and for stamina, just keep pumping your punches into the bag, while close up. Keep this back and forth pumping and hitting up for the full 3 minutes of a round. Good for back, shoulders arms, and the heart and lung benefit too.

• 9 years ago

ok it buils muscle, to punch a bag hit the bag as hardest you can then when the bag moves away from you hit it again as soon its comming back towards you this will bouild shoulder muscle and your hits get stronger but remmember to hit hard and be on your fighting stands

• 4 years ago

purchase a heavy adequate bag so it won't swing approximately genuinely then bypass onto YouTube and look on the boxing stance, look after and punching thoughts... you additionally can purchase a skipping rope and advance your skipping as maximum boxing gyms could have skipping as area of their preparation

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 9 years ago

First thing you need to learn is to hit hard and fast and very Low! it appears that low blows may be an emerging illegal tactic that refs aren't calling anymore...or not penalizing anyway.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.