If "bitter" is supposed to warn us of poison then why do some people like bitter foods?

I have tried to find more information on this but keep running into the same regurgitated junk science. I know that we are programmed to enjoy salty/sweet/fattening stuff because that was hard to find in the wild etc. Sour is supposed to warn of rotten food and bitter is supposed to warn us that the plant we are... show more I have tried to find more information on this but keep running into the same regurgitated junk science. I know that we are programmed to enjoy salty/sweet/fattening stuff because that was hard to find in the wild etc. Sour is supposed to warn of rotten food and bitter is supposed to warn us that the plant we are eating is probably poisonous. But I cannot find a good explanation of WHY some people ENJOY bitter/sour tastes. How are we supposed to know the difference between a bitter toxic plant and the bitterness in Brussels sprouts? If a natural aversion to these foods is an affect of evolution then why would people enjoy them. I love the taste of dandelions and under ripe blackberries. Am I just lucky to have been born in a time where I am protected against my own "instincts" ;) . Thank you