Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

How long does GameStop hold pre-ordered games/x-boxes?

I pre-ordered the Gears of War 3 Epic Edition ($150), and I also pre-ordered the Gears of War 3 X-box ($400). So I was wondering, if I don't have all the money by September 20th when it comes out (which I most likely will anyway), how long after launching will they hold it before they sell it? I heard they only keep pre-orders for 3 days after launch.

P.S. Yes, I am a very big Gears of War fan. Don't judge lol.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

this is how it works. they will hold it guaranteed for 48 hours. now after the 48 hours they have the right to sell you preorders and just refund your money the next time you come in. BUT you can call or even better go into the store within those 48 hours and have them put your preorders on hold for you. tell them to put a note on the actual box saying HOLD for John Doe till this date...usually they can hold it for about 10 days or so, but its up to the managers discretion. If that particular store needs the business they might just sell it after those 48 hours, sucks but true. good luck

Source(s): worked at gamestop 2008-2011

They hold all preorders between a few days(3 or 4) to a maximum of 2 weeks. It really depends on the area your store is located, however, with the most common holding period being 3-5 days.

Its 48Hrs starting sep 20.im not trying to be an *** but those guys saying 3 to 4 days are wrong and im just correcting so no one waits 3 days and when they walk in and get told that they sold it.

Source(s): worked at gamestop for 2ys.

What about is you a a edge platinum card

My area is up to a month, if the game is in high demand 1 week.

Source(s): Person gamming.

1 week

• Tommy

The policy may vary store to store. only way to know fo sure is to call the store and ask the manager.