How to respond to wedding invitation if my husband can't attend...?

My husband and I were invited to a wedding and my husband can't attend but I will be going. I received a formal invitation today, made out to Mr. & Mrs. John Smith. How should I fill out the response card? It has that M_______ line, should it say Mrs. John Smith or Mrs. Jane Smith accepts with pleasure?

5 Answers

  • 8 years ago
    Best Answer

    You are technically supposed to use the same wording, so you should put Mrs. John Smith and if you want to be sure you could put 1 beside it in parenthesis or be sure to put 1 in the dinner/meal box if it is indicated. Or if they are good friends, you could even though may not be perfect etiquette, you could put a short note as to why John can't attend if you wish to, don't have to.

  • 8 years ago

    Mrs. Jane Smith, since you will being the only one going

  • 8 years ago

    Use your name on that line. Mrs. Jane Smith

  • 8 years ago

    are you planning on going alone? If yes then I would respond as "Mrs. Jane Smith" and if you have to choose a meal make sure you put a "1" down under what meal you want.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 8 years ago

    technically,you are mrs john smith - if its a formal invite,it would have followed this.either would be fine though

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.