HELP!!! Ip address,DNS,Subnet mask same on laptop and desktop.?

Hi friends, I am in trouble again.I had recently purchased a new laptop and it's wifi was not working.So I opened network properties.then TCP/IP,then I typed the same DNS,IP,Subnet mask,alternate DNS server in the TCP/IP properties as in my old desktop.(I just copied from the desktop by opening command promt... show more Hi friends,
I am in trouble again.I had recently purchased a new laptop and it's wifi was not working.So I opened network properties.then TCP/IP,then I typed the same DNS,IP,Subnet mask,alternate DNS server in the TCP/IP properties as in my old desktop.(I just copied from the desktop by opening command promt in desktop and then typing ipconfig/all and then just copied the things from there.)

Now I want their ip addresses to be different.I don't want them to be the same at all.So what shall I do ?? Please tell a legal method,cause I don't want police knocking at my doorstep.PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP!!!