All my saved emails, both inbox and folders disappeared. Do I have any recourse in getting them back?

out of nowhere all my emails dating back to march 2010 have vanished. In all my folders including my inbox. Any experience in this

Favorite Answer

IT WOULD BE BEST TO GO BACK TO YOUR PREVIOUS VERSION OF YAHOO! MAIL...

To go back to YAHOO! MAIL CLASSIC...

Turn off Javascript - you'll then be asked if you want to return to Mail Classic, click "yes".

If you don't know how to turn off Javascript...

For SAFARI: Open SETTINGS>click PREFERENCES>>click SECURITY>>Uncheck ENABLE JAVA and ENABLE JAVASCRIPT

IMPORTANT:Remember to RE-ENABLE JAVA and JAVASCRIPTING back ON when you are back in Mail Classic because without it some mail functions won't work.

For IE: Open TOOLS > INTERNET OPTIONS >> SECURITY. In security click "CUSTOM LEVEL" -> disable active scripting in the scripting section.

IMPORTANT:Remember to turn JAVASCRIPTING back ON when you are back in Mail Classic because without it some mail functions won't work.

For FIREFOX: Open TOOLS -> OPTIONS -> CONTENT, click on "DISABLE JAVASCRIPT". Now hit F5 to refresh the page while you are in Yahoo! email in order to switch back... In the options, click (PERMANENT) to switch back to YAHOO! Classic. DO NOT click the "ONE TIME ONLY" option.

IMPORTANT: Turn JAVASCRIPT back ON once you have your "CLASSIC" account back.

PLEASE ACKNOWLEDGE IF THIS SOLUTION WORKS BY CLICKING BEST ANSWER..THANKS

A number of people are having this problem of entire blocks of e-mail vanishing Yahoo have no idea why. The number of people on here who lose important mail, photo's, document's et al is amazing. The first rule of computers is make a back up. The second is..another one. . Hard drives die, memory sticks die, mail goes missing, with 1 Tb drives at the price they are now it's not that expensive. Better safe than sorry.

on the 2d I easily have seventy 4 messages in my Inbox waiting to be taken care of out. I easily have 88 folders in my Inbox containing a entire of a million,718 messages. There are a entire of 216 messages in 21 folders in my despatched container and one hundred forty five messages in my rubbish bin waiting to be deleted. i do in comparison to deleting too many messages, incredibly emails from friends and kin individuals; i like to be waiting to study them time and time back. additionally I save all emailed receipts for online purchases. inspite of the undeniable fact that, having had a rapid peep at a number of the folders, I comprehend that a number of the messages are 3-4 years previous. maybe it's time to have a cope with of the folders and maybe eliminate a number of them. thank you for asking the question; i could merely have stored including to the prevailing folders devoid of thinking yet now you have spurred me directly to have a stable previous sparkling out. Have a celeb!

Look into your email, you could still have them. There may be a "All Mail" option to find your old e-mails. If not then there must have been a setting that erased your e-mails after a year. Good Luck:-)