What is the difference between the beach and boardwalk in Ocean CitY NJ from Wildwood?

Having a trip there

Favorite Answer

Ocean City's is much smaller. Plus the majority of shops, restaurants, and rides are owned by only a couple of families. Plus alcohol can't be sold in Ocean City (although you can have it delievered to your beach house from the liquor store across the bridge).

Wildwood's boardwalk is much longer (actually goes through parts of 3 different towns). There are more rides, 3 amusement piers as opposed to Ocean City's small amusement area. While most of the shops have the same stuff, they are at least owned by different people.

Also you have to pay for a beach tag at Ocean City where the beach is free in the Wildwoods. A daily beach pass is $5, a weekly one is $10, and an annual one is $25.

Ocean City and Ocean Grove are family beaches. Both are dry towns, which means no bars.

There is more to do in Ocean City than Ocean Grove. There are rides and restaurants on the boardwalk. Ocean Grove's boardwalk is just a walkway along the beach with nothing on it. Ocean City is the one that is normally recognized as the most family-friendly beach in the US.

I never been to Cape May, looks pretty nice. I been to Point Pleasant, its really clean and everyone recommends it. Never been to the others, but since I think Ocean City is next to Atlantic City right? Its going to be way crowded. But I went to Ocean Grove today (:. It was really nice. Clean and not crowded. But again Seaside might be crowded but its really fun (:. Cleanest that I been to was Point Pleasant and Ocean Grove.